What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Considering they have less than 4K followers on youtube, I think that qualifies you to sit on their board of directors. :eek: ;) :D

Seriously though, great band, though I'll have to hear more to see if they're truly original or just ripping off Gabriel's style.

Gary ;)
They are all over the map. This is something of theirs that I enjoy.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Great sound but I won't be buying any of their albums.

Limited pressings and ridiculous out of print prices.

A shame really. They really are good, but they haven't hit the big time yet.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Great sound but I won't be buying any of their albums.

Limited pressings and ridiculous out of print prices.

A shame really. They really are good, but they haven't hit the big time yet.

Gary ;)
They are about to have a new album out. I'm probably going to get it. In some ways, they are similar to Spock's Beard, another band that i really like and are also almost unknown but make great music. It's sad really. These good bands that because they aren't cute, poppy, or simplistic, can't make a bigger name for themselves.
And there I go again! Ranting on the currant state of the music business. Sorry. I'll try to behave myself.
(said in a slightly nasal tone) Cardi B deserves all the fame and money she can get. She's very talented.

Okay. Now I can go and drink myself to death!
:eek:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Jeremy >>> I can't thank you enough for Turning me on to Spock's Beard this week.

Frost is a decent band, but at least SB's albums are priced to be affordable.

I've ordered in 4 albums from Amazon and am currently previewing them on Youtube.

I have to say, that listening to these guys is akin to listening to ELP, or Gentle Giant or Genesis for the first time. :D

Having a wonderful weekend, stay safe!!! :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Rene Paulo. Hawaii`s premier piano/keyboard player.

I've met his son sax player Michael many times and had no idea his father was famous as well. I just discovered Rene and happy that he is doing fine at 91 years old and but sad about all I have missed. I'm catching up listing to all his wonderful music. BTW Rene's wife has a beautiful voice.

Reaction score
Jeremy >>> I can't thank you enough for Turning me on to Spock's Beard this week.

Frost is a decent band, but at least SB's albums are priced to be affordable.

I've ordered in 4 albums from Amazon and am currently previewing them on Youtube.

I have to say, that listening to these guys is akin to listening to ELP, or Gentle Giant or Genesis for the first time. :D

Having a wonderful weekend, stay safe!!! :)

Gary ;)
I'm very glad you enjoy this! Are you familiar with Transatlantic?
Also, The Neal Morse band is great too. Heal Morse was one of the founding members of Spock's Beard and he also is in Transatlantic.
I'm almost sorry because I might be getting you to spend a lot of money, but it's for a good cause! :p
Hard to go wrong with great music!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Was listening straight thru my Donovan albums today and this little slice of joy popped up.

One of my favorite tunes of the seventies.

Dedicated to Elon Musk and the fools who follow him to mars :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary, since you like Spock's Beard, I thought I share this with you. You might need to indulge in your favorite herb first and then sit down and enjoy. It's 2 and a half hours long but it certainly qualifies as one of my top 10 Cds. This is the live show and I think it's great! The other album that corresponds to with this one is called the Great Adventure. Hope you like this as much as I do or at least a little bit!

Reaction score
While my musical tastes are quite varied, I do like the harder side of things much of the time. One of the bands that I have found out about fairly recently is a band called Smash Into Pieces. I love the production of it and the combination of hard rock sounds, industrial elements, and of course, the liberal use of keys :)

This is one of their songs:

This one too:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Great album. I bought the cd decades ago but never owned it on vinyl.

Wonderful Toronto band.

Also loved Nash the Slash. :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question