What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Many of us here in our 7th decade!
I just sneak in this year at 69 . . Next year I turn 70 . . if I can elude covid haha!
cheers J. Had some laughs.
Ray
I will be 51 this year (in May). I know that it does not sound old now, but I think about how long I have been playing piano and it has indeed been a long time - 46 years. It is crazy. My father will be 70 this year and he is a guitar player. I rememer when I was a kid and we would jam together to BTO, ELO, Cream, etc...

Being on the road really puts the age to ya :)

Grace,
Harry

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I find that as I'm easing into retirement that I'm becoming more cranky, eccentric and self indulgent.

Growing old has it's privileges.

What more can the world do to us that it hasn't already?

We're all running out of time so every moment between now and our expiration is too precious to waste on contentious bullsh*t :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I find that as I'm easing into retirement that I'm becoming more cranky, eccentric and self indulgent.

Growing old has it's privileges.

What more can the world do to us that it hasn't already?

We're all running out of time so every moment between now and our expiration is too precious to waste on contentious bullsh*t :D :D :D

Gary ;)
I would say that I am getting there as well in similar areas.

I find that my service to my fellow humans is more important, but my patience in waiting for people to stop complaining about things that they can fix is decreasing.

I do not think that I am more self-indulgent than before; I am more methodical when planning to get things for myself than I ever have been...

Growing old indeed has privileges and I look forward to more of them as I get older.

Between myself and my wife, we have 5 kids, but only the youngest, at 14, is still at home. My wife's daughter is in her mid-20's and my other three kids (first marriage) are adults. Two of them are married and hovering around 30 years old. One of them made me a grandfather last year...

I like being old enough to take advantage of some of the luxuries of being older, but still being young enough to get the job done, if needed :) I remember a time where we all just got along, despite our differences instead of being offended by everything we do not agree with...

I have always been a 'Get off my Lawn!!' type guy, but with technology, I have the ability to do it in comfort and yell at people from inside the house through my Ring camera instead of actually going outside to do it :)

Grace,
Harry

Reaction score
I should make a video of my setup area, as I have managed to cram so many synths into one area AND have a complete recording station and DAW in there as well. Maybe I will ask my wife or daughter to help me make the video sometime soon :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's a gear pics thread in the General Keyboard Discussion Forum.

You should post your video there.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
This is what I'm hoping to have in a couple of years. I already have the Moog Grandmother but I want the exact rack that he has. I like the idea of all the patching possibilities. Of course who knows what I might want next week! And of course it will all all change. If you're ot having fun, then why do it?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It takes him a while to get there but eventually he gets a beat. Then again with an analog drum machine, a sequencer and a few modules almost any half decent rig could have produced the same sound. Analog, VA or even some ROMplers.

What stood out to me is that he had the Grandmother keys sitting right beside him and he never played a note.

If it were me I would have been all over the lead with that beat. Or at least some pad swells to give it a mood.

I struggle to understand your fixation with Moog products Jeremy.

The cost of a Single Moog Voyager would easily fill an entire studio with Behringer equipment.

For me the value for dollar always beats snob appeal.

As long as they get you where you're going who cares if your mom buys your shoes at K-Mart? :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This one should get your motor running Jeremy.

There's not a lot of hard core female rockers out there these days but she does it well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
She's great! I wondered what happened to her after the huge breakthrough album but then over the years she's continued to put out solid quality music.
As for the Moog thing I have, it dates back to many many years. I've always lusted after those massive modular systems. When I was a teenager, my friends older brother who worked at York University took me up there to check out the monstrous ARP 2500 synth. WOW! I was totally blown away. I had already bought a copy of Switched on Back as well as Tomita's Snowflakes are Dancing. Pure electronic music was something that just touched me in a way that nothing else did. Decades later I discovered the Eurorack systems. Fascinating but as someone who has had addictions in the past, this was a definite NO! Don't get me wrong, I do like the Behringer stuff and own a bunch of Behringer tube pre-amps. I just really like all the patch points that are available with the little Moog units. I gets me close to a small modular system without breaking the bank too much. Yes I do know there are other cheaper methods but I like these better. I've done a lot of research into it. Hell, if I could afford it I'd be buying local. Mod-Can makes killer stuff but, yikes!
I tend to write in a lot of different styles and having different kinds of set-ups gives me what I want. Buying more synths though is going to be in a long while. First next big purchase is a replacement car. Then a mixer as the one I'm currently "not" using, is pooched out. It doesn't always turn on and that's a problem. Makes for monitoring issues. Especially when I want all of my synths up and running at the same time.
Hope you're doing alright.
Stay safe, Gary! This will all be over one day.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The flanged vocals remind me very much of Peter Gabriel. Great find :)

Gary ;)

Here's one of my faves from the Seventies. Annie Haslam on vocals and John Tout on the keyboards.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Cool! I remember them from years ago. Frost* is a band that I stumbled upon from the Korg forum. The keyboardist, Jem Godfreid several years ago did an unboxing video for his Kronos. After that I discovered he played in Frost*. I have a couple of their CDs.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Cool! I remember them from years ago. Frost* is a band that I stumbled upon from the Korg forum. The keyboardist, Jem Godfreid several years ago did an unboxing video for his Kronos. After that I discovered he played in Frost*. I have a couple of their CDs.

Considering they have less than 4K followers on youtube, I think that qualifies you to sit on their board of directors. :eek: ;) :D

Seriously though, great band, though I'll have to hear more to see if they're truly original or just ripping off Gabriel's style.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question