What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Most know that I'm a huge fan of electronic music and Lisa Bell Donna. Here's 2 things that I really enjoyed recently.

Some nice stuff there but I'm more impressed by the gear than the music.

That's gotta be like $150 K worth of Moog gear surrounding her.

I'd rather see someone like Jean Michel Jarre or Trent Reznor play around with this stuff

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Grooving to one my favorite keyboard players of all time, Steve Winwood along with Ginger Baker on drums and Eric Clapton on guitar, et al.

Seriously, the release of this album was a Cosmic Event back in the day.

Take a deep breath of summer's air and just let this stuff carry you away :cool:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Blind Faith was amazing! I remember them well. Here's a taste of what I'm really looking forward too. I'm a big fan of Neal Morse. His music is great.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just discovered these guys on Amazon Prime Video of all places.

Add some keys and they could be the next Pink Floyd :)

The full 47 minute concert is up on Prime right now.

I ordered myself a CD anyway cause you know how permanent streaming videos tend to be. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I wish they had a better video but I really love this song. I sing along loudly every time it comes up on my car stereo. I.E. Whenever I play the cd!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It sort of sounds like a good song but Youtube videos use so much compression and overblown dolby whatever it really doesn't come thru clear on my home stereo. I'm getting a lot of distortion and digital artifacts.

Honestly Youtube can absolutely ruin a good recording.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Oh how I know. I've pondered running the audio though my computer and an expander to try and compensate for the over compression. Of course, this is just a mind exercise. Not really worth the trouble and I'd have to find a way to do it without too much effort.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My solution was simpler. I already purchased and own the Oblivion Particle from whence Bennett and his Time Machine came. ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
My solution was simpler. I already purchased and own the Oblivion Particle from whence Bennett and his Time Machine came. ;)

Gary ;)
My copy is in my car! I have almost all of Spock's Beards' cd's. I keep trying to find out if the band still exists but no luck. Hope they do and are working on new material.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Another one for the Floyd fans out there!

I LOVE this chick. She makes that crappy Casio sing like the heavenly hosts. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I like music docs and this is a pretty good one. Especially if you're an old fart like me and love the Who!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've tried to watch "This is Spinal Tap" at least a half dozen times over the years and I fall asleep within 20 minutes every time.

I simply CANNOT watch rockumentaries for love or money.

I love concert footage and can listen to music for an entire day no problem, but the trials and tribulations of a bunch of snowflake prima donnas does nothing for me.

Let's face it, most of us love making music, but our personal lives tend to be boring and mundane. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I bought the album by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds the other day and have been listening to it today - there are some really catchy tracks on there.

Just listened to If I Had A Gun:

How about you?
I`ve never been an Oasis fan yet this album is really worth listening to and kind of gets me past the `bitching brothers` syndrome to actually enjoy their music.
My `obsession of the moment` and has been in my waking hours for many months now is

Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade op.35 - Leif Segerstam - Sinfónica de Galicia​

Just count the number of Bass Violins!
Of course , back on a Keyboard Forum thread! I would recommend
or
Please give me your thoughts?
Nicodo
I bought the album by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds the other day and have been listening to it today - there are some really catchy tracks on there.

Just listened to If I Had A Gun:

How about you?

Ask a Question