What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
I still have it on vinyl. Waaaaay back when it came out, I was in my New Wave phase. I used to go regularly to a pub called Eggertons. I really can't remember where it was, somewhere on Carlton I think. They had punk and new wave bands there all the time. I'd go by myself and always had a great time. I made a bunch of good friends there. They turned me onto the Monks. One day, when my youngest cat isn't so rambunctious, I'll get my turntable back up and running and play some vinyl. Bad Habits will definitely be in the list. So will a bad from Australia called MySex. Great new wave pop. They had a killer song called Graffiti Crimes. It never got any air play here sadly.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Amazon wants over $100 for a used cd copy. $350 for a new one.

You should sell your vinyl, buy a cd and rip the MP3s.

Nowadays I take them with me wherever I go. :)

My CDs come out of the package once, get ripped, then go on the shelf.

My collection is museum quality. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Amazon wants over $100 for a used cd copy. $350 for a new one.

You should sell your vinyl, buy a cd and rip the MP3s.

Nowadays I take them with me wherever I go. :)

My CDs come out of the package once, get ripped, then go on the shelf.

My collection is museum quality. :)

Gary ;)
Not a bad idea. I'll grant you that. I'm just not ready to let go of my 2 milk crates worth of vinyl. Most of my music listening is done in my car so I have to figure out an easy way to search through the USB stick to find which particular album I want to listen to. Of course Id have them in alphabetical order subdivided into album release order. I'm just not sure how easy it will be to find things with my cars system. Speaking of cars, it's a new one for me. A 2017 Ford Edge.

rsm

Reaction score
Greatest swing rhythm section ever (IMO): Count Basie, Freddie Green, Eddie Jones, Sonny Payne. I had the honor and privilege to work with Eddie Jones in the '90s before his death, an amazing and inspirational man and musician.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Beeyootiful day here.

Smoked some chronic and listening to this now.

Just running thru the whole album. A 70's masterpiece. Very strange people though. :D :D :D

Enjoy :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Beeyootiful day here.

Smoked some chronic and listening to this now.

Just running thru the whole album. A 70's masterpiece. Very strange people though. :D :D :D

Enjoy :)

Gary ;)
I saw them in concert in the 80's at the CNE bandshell. They were touring the Completion Backwards Principle album whick I still have but it's in rough shape. Played through too many parties! Great band! Great show! Quay Lude rocks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Most know that I'm a huge fan of electronic music and Lisa Bell Donna. Here's 2 things that I really enjoyed recently.

Jeremy >>> I enjoyed comping along with that first one using my teensy Neutron Module with my Juno as a controller. :D

Here's what I was noodling along with earlier this afternoon.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question