What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
The CD arrived today, first two and the last were pretty good.

The rest mumbling and boring.

DCFEB7FC-8644-46FE-8E45-F6A6AB34B835.jpeg
so disappointed.

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
Audio from our last two gigs. Gotsta gets better, learning all da time. You may not die when you stop learning, but for some of us we might just as well.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie.

Jeremy, While I enjoy synth ambient meanderings as much as the next guy, nowadays I can't handle the stuff that puts you into 20 minute trance any longer. 5 minutes is the max my ADHD can usually handle. Nowadays I need melody to hold my attention, and not the stuff that evolves like listening to paint dry. :D

To be honest, I miss the old Prog Rock Anthems, Like Kate Bush and Alan Parsons and ELP and Gentle Giant and Jethro Tull And Peter Gabriel.

They all brought new territories into the music of our time, but today all the stuff I listen to sounds derivative and drenched in nihilism. At least the punks made it fun but somehow almost all music I hear these days is dead inside.

Honestly I'd almost rather enjoy an episode of Hee Haw these days, than listen to another Adele song :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie.

Jeremy, While I enjoy synth ambient meanderings as much as the next guy, nowadays I can't handle the stuff that puts you into 20 minute trance any longer. 5 minutes is the max my ADHD can usually handle. Nowadays I need melody to hold my attention, and not the stuff that evolves like listening to paint dry. :D

To be honest, I miss the old Prog Rock Anthems, Like Kate Bush and Alan Parsons and ELP and Gentle Giant and Jethro Tull And Peter Gabriel.

They all brought new territories into the music of our time, but today all the stuff I listen to sounds derivative and drenched in nihilism. At least the punks made it fun but somehow almost all music I hear these days is dead inside.

Honestly I'd almost rather enjoy an episode of Hee Haw these days, than listen to another Adele song :p

Gary ;)
I get it! I do have a liking for repetitive electronica but that's just me. As for most other modern music, well, most sucks tons! I have no interest in most pop drivel and as far as I've heard in the last 30 or so years, that's all there is. As for prog stuff, I do miss the old giants but sadly, a lot of them are dead and gone. I guess that's why I search hard to find new prog. It is out there but you really have to dig to find it. Maybe that's why I enjoy bands like Dream Theater and the Neal Morse band. I'm glad there will be a new Porcupine Tree album coming out mid next year. I enjoy that band. I also have a short attention span when it comes to music on the internet or YouTube. A lot of things that I share I like but I often don;t listen to the whole thing. I guess that makes me a horrible person. That's okay! I yam what I yam! And as for Adele. Ummm. So far I've managed to avoid her. Just lucky I guess. On another note though, each and every day at work I have to suffer with Q107. It's got to the point where if I never hear Taking Care of Business again, I'll die happy. They play the same songs each and every day. All 40 of them. I thought most of these bands had more than 3 songs out. Hmmm.
Sorry for ending on a rant. Being 66 and still having to work isn't fun. I'd much rather be sitting on a beach with my wife and watchin the bikinis saunter by.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Vincent Van Gogh probably felt the same way when he cut off his ear. ;)

Don't let the pension blues get you down. Lots of seniors these days have to hold down part time or even full time jobs to make ends meet.I wish I could say things will get better soon, but it looks as if the pandemic has sucker punched the world economy for at least the next 3 to 5 years.

Your kids and grandkids are the new political power in Canada today, and I am not hopeful about how they will handle the task. :p

Who knows? In another few years I could be taking the orders from some pizza faced "manager" at the local Macdonalds... :p

None of us are ever secure unless we can afford an Elon Musk orbital joyride :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Vincent Van Gogh probably felt the same way when he cut off his ear. ;)

Don't let the pension blues get you down. Lots of seniors these days have to hold down part time or even full time jobs to make ends meet.I wish I could say things will get better soon, but it looks as if the pandemic has sucker punched the world economy for at least the next 3 to 5 years.

Your kids and grandkids are the new political power in Canada today, and I am not hopeful about how they will handle the task. :p

Who knows? In another few years I could be taking the orders from some pizza faced "manager" at the local Macdonalds... :p

None of us are ever secure unless we can afford an Elon Musk orbital joyride :p

Gary ;)
Too true! I hear Walmart is looking for greeters! As for my spawn, I really don't think they're up to the task of running the world. Waaaaayyy too clueless when it comes to important things, like working, for example. Why work when the government will give you money? Yup. Sad but true. In a sense, it almost makes me glad I'm not long for this world. There's a shite-storm a comin'! An' there ain't no fan that'll stop it!

Reaction score
But on a positive note, this being a music forum and all. All puns always intended. I had this nice little surprise show up in my YouTube today. Nice modern prog. Hope you like it. I do.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've kicked a few bugs out of the new MIDI setup and have started working on a tune today, but in the meantime I've paused for refreshment and inspiration with watching this little tune.

The Sequential Take 5 is proving to be the best synth I've ever owned.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I've kicked a few bugs out of the new MIDI setup and have started working on a tune today, but in the meantime I've paused for refreshment and inspiration with watching this little tune.

The Sequential Take 5 is proving to be the best synth I've ever owned.

Gary ;)
Cool! I'm not in the market for another synth, but really. Can you have too many? In my case it's a small yes but that's only because of the lack of space in my little studio. A minor problem! I feel the same way about my Moog Grandmother. And my old Kronos. I can't believe that I've had that one now for a decade. Yikes!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just completed my tune this afternoon.

I really tried to polish this to a decent degree of professionalism and I'm exploring new options in video as well.

Still way too camera shy to appear in one though :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question