What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you got away with it okay!. lol:confused:
Ha thanks mate. Shows that one needs to take care when putting things in writing, as intent can be hard to convey sometimes. I was really enjoying the singing - the song builds very nicely, and I thought to myself, "wow, her piano playing is really good too", so that's what I wrote. But out of the proper context it looked a bit "Benny Hill".

OT: I'm doubly annoyed at myself as I've been practicing tonight and have over-practiced. My foolishness has been rewarded with an aching forearm. Broke my own rule of doing small amounts frequently, rather than large amounts to the point of diminishing returns.

Sorry for the hijack but I had to vent at myself. Carry on!

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Hey, guys? I did not get the sense of this conversation. For me what was written initially made sense to me. Then no more. What is it? An English way... A rude manner of speaking, not taking into account the initially mentioned, that is, the focus was on the singers?:eek::D:p

Reaction score
Hey, guys? I did not get the sense of this conversation. For me what was written initially made sense to me. Then no more. What is it? An English way... A rude manner of speaking, not taking into account the initially mentioned, that is, the focus was on the singers?:eek::D:p
It was meant to make sense, so that's good! It could have been interpreted as focussing more on the physical attributes of the subjects, not their talent. Which wasn't my intent. Time to move on! I'm now listening to this:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Walk off the Earth again. This time playing our national anthem at a hockey game. (The only place where it's legally allowed to be heard in Canada btw. ;) )

Everyone please rise :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
This what inspired me to learn this tune . .
Tommy Emmanuel is an Aussie guitarist. Not sure if he is known outside Australia but he is a renowned guitarist here in OZ!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now I am not seeing any embedded media, not even a reference, just white area.
In the US, Tommy Emmanuel has been considered one of the best guitarists, if not the best, of all time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
nothing, I'll search the web for suggestions. In the email notification it shows "embeded media" but just white screen here

edit: n'mind I fixed it by disabling a bunch of add ons and blocked site lists, now I'll have to back track a few ata time to figure out what exact one I need enabled.
edit 2: I traced it to an addon under IE>tools>manage addons>tracking protection> "stop google tracking"
problem is that addon makes my browing a lot faster. This page itself loads extremely slow with that disabled, yet I can see the embedded youtubes now. Now I'll have to see if I can fix that add on or get a different one. That was one of several that are from various block lists to speed up IE which I downloaded a couple weeks ago from microsoft.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are you running any script blockers or ad blockers or flash blockers? Youtube has switched to HTML5 for their videos but they still occasionally output flash video.

As for what I'm listening to? A genuine hillbilly named Seasick Steve and his three stringed Diddly-Bo.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question