What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
What can I say man? I'm trying my best... :D

silk-purse-sows-ear.jpg

Gary ;)

Gary, I love this post. Not only did it give me a good laugh, it is one of my late mum's favourite sayings, which i often quote to this day.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Something a bit more orchestral today...
In my opinion, Spike Jones and his City Slickers were a class act. Seriously, Spike was powerfully talented. His silliness was such a delight to watch and listen to because he did it with immense talent and timing.
I used to listen to my grandfathers Spike Jones 78's in the 60's when I was just barely a teenager. I waz crazy then and still crazy now to get a kick out of Spike!
If you scroll back a few pages on this thread you will see I already posted some of Spike Jones clips.
But thanks again for the memory Gary.
You're the man!:p

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Since I'm currently studying for the RCM's Theory / History 9 exam (and writing more questions for my Music History Quiz app), I've set up Amazon playlists for the composer I'm currently working on. Right now I'm listening to random Haydn.

You can buy two extremely large MP3 collections of Haydn's works for 99 cents each. The Haydn Big Box which is also available to Amazon Prime members, and the Big Haydn Symphonies Box, which is also available to subscribers of Amazon Unlimited Music. After getting these two, you'll probably be happy listening to any other composer for a while.

Reaction score
Gary Numan & Joe Bonamassa. The old Moogs are wicked & Reese Wynans from JB's band is blues all the way.

Reaction score
Love their version of Dream On @happyrat1 :D They are performing in Manchester tonight, but I didn't get tickets because my step-dad was meant to be having an operation yesterday and I was going to be looking after him... his op was cancelled so could have gone after all! Oh well.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Awesome track Ray. Bonamassa is a blues master.

Becky >>> I hope your stepdad is not dealing with anything serious. It's a shame you missed the show because of it but I understand family obligations come first and foremost.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Becky >>> I hope your stepdad is not dealing with anything serious. It's a shame you missed the show because of it but I understand family obligations come first and foremost.

Nothing major - torn shoulder ligament. It will be rescheduled for a few weeks' time, so not too long to wait. I'm sure I'll get to see PMJ sometime :)

Reaction score
Haha! Don't think I've seen that one before.

Let's try this then - Clare Teal :)

Not bad at all. I have been listening to Beth Hart recently, she is the youngest singer I have heard for a while with a great tone. Thanks for the post, when I work out how to do it, I will send you a couple of gems I think you may like. Cheers Camo

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
when I work out how to do it, I will send you a couple of gems I think you may like.
Hi Cam
You tube clips are easy . .just copy the link and paste it here.
I look forward to your Gems!
Don't worry if it doesn't work straight away. You might be on probation and denied the right for a short period being a newbie. Not to say you are a crim lol I mean "probationary" . . Testing time:p

Last edited:

Ask a Question