What are you listening to right now?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Dave Brubeck was a Jazz master. I just love his work. His most famous tune of all was "Take Five" one of my all time favourite jazz pieces.
Sadly we lost Dave Brubeck just a few years ago. He was ninety something.
Thanks for the memory Becky.
Love Jazz.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
The middle eastern track was great. Superb sound. :)

The synth tutorials sent me to sleep.
His voice is dull and boring.
I fast forwarded . .

Hoo - ray

Reaction score
when I first began watching this I smirked but the more I listened I realized I don't think I've ever heard vocals like this. I don't even think the original is like this. You guys hear it? Ever heard anything so perfect and fitting to the song? They sort of hum in between words for one. Don't fall asleep Gary :) . This kind of stuff is sort of before my time since I was born in 57 but I really enjoy some of it now.

Reaction score
and this is just cute as hell. Reminds me of my babysitters when I was bad on purpose :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Stupid F***ing DMCA Disney Law :p

Gary :eek:

Reaction score
Gary, you know I can't stay awake for an hour on youtube. They're pretty hot though.

edit: okay I'm savin it. It will be good stuff to fall asleep to. So far I don't know any of the songs. I thought I would cause I definitely have heard of them.
edit, yes of course, now I remember. Their big hits seem very different from the other stuff. The other stuff is strangely not alarming yet it's different and very good. Great guitar work and vocals.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Alchemy >>> Your post about "West Coast" synthesis seems to have disappeared.

But for an answer watch this highly informative and entertaining documentary.

This is just the trailer. The complete documentary is available on Netflix.

Gary ;)

And YES!!! The Bangles wrote some terrific songs in the 90's. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, Now that's musical alchemy for sure :D. Looks very interesting. I can slightly relate since my first synth was a radio shack moog. On the west coast thing, I deleted because what I was seeing in it was apparently not what others were on youtube etc. (after I googled it and saw preset videos). They are all playing it like poly strings using above middle C. I was playing it more like guitar-bass and it has an "elastic" sustained tom-guitar sound that kind of revolves around the room even without stereo. I suppose it's also mainly because of the riff I just happened upon. It also sounds very natural. I suppose the attack-decay of the sound is fairly common somewhere between guitar and drums.

Ask a Question