What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
02371C62-8004-4E00-929B-3615742ADE1A.jpeg
Paul Carrack in concert at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall tonight. Seen PC so many times over the years and each time is even better than the last but seeing any artist live in Liverpool is special, the folks there know their music.

Reaction score
Cheers for the vid link Cowboy.

PCs voice is even better today.

Funny you should post a Pink Floyd sound video as I have only just loaded a sound on sound guitar patch to my Boss multi function pedal to sound like the great DH himself, years of practice for myself required to get even partway there.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Coincidentally, Waters is currenty touring Aus. He has a concert in Melbourne tonight and friday its Adelaide.. . Paul 》going?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Coincidentally, Waters is currenty touring Aus. He has a concert in Melbourne tonight and friday its Adelaide.. . Paul 》going?
Thought I'd check back in Ray. Here's my review of "what I've been listening to lately" - Roger Waters in concert.

Overall the concert was excellent - my lads were suitably impressed. They're amongst the limited number of teenage Floyd aficionados on the planet so their opinion definitely counts. My youngest was so pleased with Welcome To The Machine he became slightly emotional. As young people do he was interacting with the concert heavily via his phone.

Visually the experience was in equal measures spectacular and intense. I don't think I've seen anything as visually impressive at an indoor concert as the presentation of Dogs.

Those who know Roger would be aware he doesn't hold back on confrontational political messaging, and some of these points were made in quite a stark and challenging fashion.

Sound wise, the mix was very swampy, which worked well for the DSOTM tracks but less so for the Animals tracks. As expected the band were excellent players. A couple of small mistakes here and there but as I always say, that's live music!

Lots of backing tracks and other audio trickery going on - which comes as no surprise as Pink Floyd were pioneers of such behaviour.

Roger has always had a tendency to tinker with the arrangements of some of the Floyd tracks - which is cool as it gives a different and fresh perspective after hearing them so many times. I know some people find this to be disconcerting. But to me...well, he wrote the songs, he can do what he likes with them as far as I'm concerned. It's also something the original Pink Floyd did, so shouldn't shock or disappoint hardcore fans.

Unfortunately I was on the wrong side of the stage to properly check out the keys rig, but there was a mountain of equipment there. Two keyboard players and at one point one of the guitarists joined in to make it three keys players! I thought I was able to identify an ARP Solina String Machine, a Wurli and a Hammond B3 - but there was plenty of other gear there too. Couldn't ascertain the digital piano nor the synths being used.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience - I'm very pleased I made the last minute decision to attend, and even more pleased I took my kids - their eyes were like dinner plates the whole night!

Reaction score
Glad you got to see Roger. We missed him here in Toronto. The prices for tickets were out of our budget at the time. Oh well.
What am I listening to right now? Well, in my car I've got Devin Townsend's latest cd and one by Enchant from 2014. Can't remember the titles of either. Senility like puberty, strikes when you least expect it!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Nice RW review.

Glad it was to your expectations musically and visually.

So did you take in any ideas, or learn any tricks from the master for the benefit of "experience floyd"? Any inspiration to enhance you own playing of those pink floyd songs?

A couple of small mistakes here and there but as I always say, that's live music!

Only you would pick 'em. The rest of the audience were probably oblivious!

btw.
Paul, have you seen this show? (screen shots below)
I just picked up this 2 DVD set today! Am I in for a treat or what?
ray

Attachments

• IMG_9536.JPG
    IMG_9536.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_9537.JPG
    IMG_9537.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Reaction score
Any inspiration to enhance you own playing of those pink floyd songs?
I guess it's always inspirational as a tribute player to see the original artist in full flight.

The truth is RW doesn't really strive to recreate the album versions of his songs note for note - he deliberately makes different choices when performing live. He has that licence, we don't!

So whilst I wouldn't necessarily say I picked up any ideas, it's great motivation to keep at what we're doing and perpetuate the music. I don't expect we'll see Mr Waters back again - happy to be wrong of course.

Paul, have you seen this show?
No I haven't Ray, but I'm sure it will be a great watch/listen. Give us your feedback when you've watched it.

Ask a Question