What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
I've been listening/watching live performances. One is Queen at Live Aid. Any Oasis from the 95-96 era. Currently, I'm fascinated by this arrangement of the Abbey Road Medley from the Kennedy Center Honors.

My jaw is dropped every time.

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a NAD preamp for my stereo. My old Sansui was too big to fit in the new entertainment centre. To celebrate we listened first to the Who' classic Who's Next. After that Lenny Kravitz' greatest hits and then the Eurythmics greatest hits.
We had the old Dynakit 70 amp just cooking!
My wife is really pleases with how the stereo sounds.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I like the PMJ clip.
Not too impressed with the others. I put lily allen in the same category as slutty madonna. I have seen her stage antics and she disgusts me. But she does have one or two songs that sound okay on the radio.
Ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey Col,
Scroll back to page 41.
Deja vu with Caro.
Nice choice man!

Also enjoyed the elkie brooks clip. Yes indeed she can sing.

Cheers ray

Reaction score
Is that the show with Adam Lambert? I've read good reviews, hope you had a great time!
It was wonderful, thanks Becky.

Adam Lambert is an excellent choice as front man. He respected the legacy of Freddie but brought plenty of himself into the performance too. He clearly has a great on-stage chemistry with his band mates, and boy can he sing. Such a powerful voice and amazing control over his instrument.

Roger Taylor and Brian May still have it. Vocally they were both excellent and their playing was great. They're not exactly young any more but that did not dull their on-stage output in any way, shape or form. The band overall was tight and the vocals were on point. A modicum of backing track use here and there, but it was done deliberately and overtly to pay tribute to Freddie.

The sound was all guitar and drums at first, and it was a little difficult to hear Adam's vocal articulation and Spike Edney's keyboard playing, but that got resolved within two or three songs.

Visually the show was quite spectacular - good use of giant video screens and one or two nice little surprises for the audience. Adam's costumes were appropriately flamboyant too!

The show went for about 2:20 without an intermission - during which time a really good selection from Queen's extensive back catalogue got a run.

Again, I managed to find myself on the wrong side of the stage to check out Spike's keys rig. He has it in a wooden console so from where I was sitting it was impossible to tell what he was using. He's a Korg endorsed artist and there's a video on YouTube of him doing a rig run down with two Kronoses (Kronii?) so I imagine that's still his setup, but couldn't confirm for sure.

All in all - a great night out. Took my wife and sons, they had a great time too.

Ask a Question