What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No money, no love until it's too late. :(

Is that the Aussie credo?

It's mine as well :D

Sometimes I wish I were born an Australian instead of this excessively politically correct frozen popsicle of a country senator Strom Thurmond once called "Soviet Canukistan" :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Gary > >

We have our stupid government wackos running our country too.
They are like Nanny's to us mere voters!
We have an election here next month to form a new government. A new prime minister maybe! Who cares?
Anyway . . politics aside . . The guy who sang the song above . . Mike Rudd is 71 now. Brilliant muso and I don't know what was going on in his head when he wrote that song. He got his money from that song alone. Huge hit in Aus. Glad you liked it.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Here is another one of my girls :) she is a cool cat. I have bought all of her albums . . Anyway have a look at this vid. The keyboard kicks in at 2:53 with a short riff. Have a close look at what the keyboardist does with a match stick.:eek:

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Rayblewit >>>

The matchstick trick could just as easily have been accomplished with a sostenudo pedal but I have seen that wedging trick performed once before by Keith Emerson in a wild solo on Youtube.

BTW, I've been a Katie Melua fan since way back when I first saw her perform on Jools Holland :)

Becky >>>

What's not to like in a good power ballad? :) I grew up jumping and gyrating to all the great rock anthems of the 70's :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey Becky . .

I do love power ballads. But:oops: I am struggling here with john farnham. I am sorry but that guy grinds on me. Millions here in Aust love him but I cannot stand him. The problem is that his voice to me sounds like scratching fingers down a blackboard.:eek:. He does have good musos backing him up but to be honest with you, the guy got to be famous here by default. He made a song back in the 60.'s called "sadie the cleaning lady" All the young mums of Australia fell fell in love with him as a teenager he looked cute. To be honest IMO the guy does not play any instruments an has no talent. I wonder if cowboy agrees with me?

Sorry Becky:( i cannot push that like button today.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here'as where Emerson does the wedging trick. With Knives!!! :eek:

Not the same vid I saw first time but apparently it was in his standard bag of tricks! He beats the hell out of that poor Hammond... :eek:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
To be honest IMO the guy does not play any instruments an has no talent. I wonder if cowboy agrees with me?
I'm a bit of a fence sitter on Farnsie Ray. I've never really gotten in to his music, but he is an exceptional vocalist. So I don't really love or hate him of you know what I mean.

Speaking of Power Ballads Becky, one of my bands has just learned this song:

I never realised how much fun this would be to play! When I was programming the sounds for that intro it just wanted to make me dump a whole can of hairspray onto my head!

Reaction score
Hey Becky . .

I do love power ballads. But:oops: I am struggling here with john farnham. I am sorry but that guy grinds on me. Millions here in Aust love him but I cannot stand him. The problem is that his voice to me sounds like scratching fingers down a blackboard.:eek:. He does have good musos backing him up but to be honest with you, the guy got to be famous here by default. He made a song back in the 60.'s called "sadie the cleaning lady" All the young mums of Australia fell fell in love with him as a teenager he looked cute. To be honest IMO the guy does not play any instruments an has no talent. I wonder if cowboy agrees with me?

Sorry Becky:( i cannot push that like button today.

But it's such a great song! ;) How about if we remove John Farnham from the equation?

Speaking of Power Ballads Becky, one of my bands has just learned this song:

Awesome!! :D

Let's have another power ballad...

Hairspray definitely required!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
But it's such a great song! ;) How about if we remove John Farnham from
Hi Becky, yes i would agree with that. A perfect compromise;). I like the alternative Vivica. Anyway i think i might be the odd one out. My wife likes farnham too.
Hey B, if you get a chance google you tube "everytime you cry" by john farnham and human nature. You will like that one.
Cheers.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW Rayblewit >>> America's Got Talent is running auditions for it's 2016 season and there's been a bunch of child prodigies already/.

These people make me feel like I have dain bramage :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question