What are you listening to right now?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Just a guess but I think you'd enjoy these ladies as well ;)
You guessed right. Very impressed I am. Those ladies are quite talented. I just did a wiki search and I can see they are 4 sisters from Colorado. SHEL is an acronym of the first initial of their names. Sweet!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I want to share this one with you now . .
One of my favourite Aussie / NZ acts. I wonder if you northern hemisphere dudes have ever seen or heard MAX MERRITT and THE METEORS?
Been around since the 70's

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Nope they don't ring a bell. Do they do original material or just Motown covers?

Gary ;)
They have done mostly originals . .
Without taking up to much space here I suggest you look up "Hey Western Union Man" "Slipping Away" "A Little Easier" . . they were the biggest hits. I have pasted this snippet from Dr Google. .
Max Merritt
Singer-Songwriter
Max Merritt is a New Zealand-born singer-songwriter and guitarist who is renowned as an interpreter of soul music and R&B. As leader of Max Merritt & The Meteors his best known hits are "Slippin' Away", which reached #2 on the 1976 Australian singles charts, and "Hey, Western Union Man" which reached #13. Merritt rose to prominence in New Zealand from 1958 and relocated to Sydney Australia in December 1964. Merritt was acknowledged as one of the best local performers of the 1960s and 1970s and his influence did much to popularise soul music / R&B and rock in New Zealand and Australia.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
OOPS,
Angelina Jordan shouldn't be there. Somethin else I was looking at and I goofed up pasting it here.
Anyway she is a 9 yr old girl with such an incredible voice.
Sorry about that!:oops:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Lol happyrat! :p

The first one . . "They're coming to take you away haha"
I used have this record. It was a hoot! Would you believe the authorities at the time banned it from airplay on our radio stations here in Melbourne Australia. go figure.:eek:

The flip side of the 45 was a mirror image of side A. The music was in reverse!

Great memory lol thanks gary rat:p

Ask a Question