What are you listening to right now?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
BTW Rayblewit >>> America's Got Talent is running auditions for it's 2016 season and there's been a bunch of child prodigies already/.
Err.. um.. RappyHat, what are you trying to tell me here? Those kids are certainly talented. They are 60 odd years younger than me. You might be dain branaged but i am perplexed as to why you addressed this post to me o_O
Regards BlayRewit:eek:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Talking about power ballads . .
This is what I call a POWER BALLAD! Of the blues kind.
Sensational . . Serious . . Mind blowing :D:) you bet!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Err.. um.. RappyHat, what are you trying to tell me here? Those kids are certainly talented. They are 60 odd years younger than me. You might be dain branaged but i am perplexed as to why you addressed this post to me o_O
Regards BlayRewit:eek:

Ray >>> I posted it in response to your earlier post of Angelina Jordan on page 6 of this thread :D

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Ray >>> I posted it in response to your earlier post of Angelina Jordan on page 6 of this thread :D
Oh yeah. I copied that link for another purpose. Accidently pasted it here. Oops! But her voice is out of this world for her age. Anyway, enough about little kids. People will get the wrong idea.:eek:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If talking about kids makes you THAT nervous I'd suggest you start listening for clicks and static on your phone :D

Seriously though, these musical prodigies are the superstars of tomorrow.

Ten or twenty years from now we'll be looking back on these clips as to where they all got started.

America's Got Talent seems to be vetting a bumper crop of them this year.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
This singer vanessa paradis was once a girl friend of johnny depp.
But she is a truely talented singer of her own making. . since the 80's.
This song to me sounds truely beautiful but i have no idea what it is about. It is in French. Can anyone translate it for me please.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW Ray, my Francais is lousy but the Scarabee song is basically a long semi sad metaphor about love and life and loss and the coming of the end.

It is a beautiful tune, but my French is just not literate enough to get all the inferences and metaphors and nuance of the words.

I'll pass it along to a fluent French speaking friend of mine who should get back with a better description in a few days..

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
It is a beautiful tune, but my French is just not literate enough to get all the inferences and metaphors and nuance of the words.
Thanks Gary,
As far as I know or I think I know :cool: "scarabee" is a beetle and the song could be about a pet beetle . . Somewhat like Michael Jackson's "Ben" hence the pictures of The Beatles. LOL. But the tune is beauitful and makes me want to play it. Seems easy enough to play it by ear. I will have a little tickle at it later.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My friend got back to me on it. The song really doesn't make all that much sense.

Yes a Scarabee is a beetle.

The video was a tribute to John Lennon but that wasn't Paradis' doing. Just the guy whoever posted the youtube.

As for the song, it's more or less about a guy who's sad so he rows down a river and then four more people come and he thinks it's better but then he finds out it's harder with four people. And then he dies and then he's happy in paradise.

It really doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense even to a fluent Francophone.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
As for the song, it's more or less about a guy who's sad so he . . .
Thanks Gary for the annotations of this song. I do appreciate your work. Probably by now I should close this subject. It could be boring the ppl here to their wits end. But just a footnote . . if anyone interested. :rolleyes:This song was made in 1988. Vanessa was just 14 then. It was on her debut album "m&j". As a matter of fact I have the cd and actually most of the songs on it are in English. Don't ask me how I acquired this cd or even why?
But It is a classy album and some enjoyable songs on it. Musically and vocally worth a listen.:) check it out on youtube.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Something a little less classy and a little more fun.

I'm in love with a monster from Hotel Transylvania 2...

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Been listening to a lot of Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds this week:
Hi B, Good driving music. I can feel myself drumming the steering wheel as I drive with this playing up loud. I like it. Your original post when you started this thread was Noel Gallagher too;) I had never heard of this band before. Cheers:p

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
"Many have praised Gallagher's songwriting, with George Martin claiming him to be 'the finest songwriter of his generation'"

The above was lifted from Wikipedia. I was curious about noel Gallagher and now i know he was the front man of Oasis. Quite a talent for a punk lol:D

Ask a Question