What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yes! I alluded you with my Alludium Q37 Space Modulator!!! :D

I basically introduced them here back on page 1 or 2 of this thread.

Scott Bradlee is a hell of a pianist and arranger I can generally count on them to proliferate at least one or two tunes per week.

I believe they're performing a North American Tour this summer.

If they play a Toronto venue I should see if I can score some tickets :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ouch! A decent set of seats on the floor would run me up to $150 apiece plus 13% HST. :eek:

Not to mention the hassle of getting there and parking and snacks.

If I were currently trying to impress someone romantically I'd consider them but I'm a cheap old skinflint and I'd rather save my money for a half decent vocal processor or looper so I can punctuate my Nintendo music with realistic sounding screams of agony :D

Besides at my age I always need to be 5 minutes away from a toilet :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I was expecting something to jump out at me johnny.:D
Anyway pretty cool stuff from the old master. I think if you add some drums and bass and lyrics with maybe a female vocalist with a soulful sexy voice then it would be worth a second listen.
LOL . . Just joking!:p

Reaction score
I was expecting something to jump out at me johnny.:D
Anyway pretty cool stuff from the old master. I think if you add some drums and bass and lyrics with maybe a female vocalist with a soulful sexy voice then it would be worth a second listen.
LOL . . Just joking!:p

I am and or was not sure if my music videos were appropraite here or not. They have not much keyboard in them yet. Yet is the key word in that. And hello. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's a long weekend in Canada today with perfect weather for listening to the summertime blues...

I'm kicking back and listening to the hound dogs howl... :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Scott Bradlee is so inspiring and talented. Such a pleasure to listen to. Thanks for the heads up on this dude Gary. I have been following him on youtube now for awhile.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
While it's inspiring to hear that a nonagenarian still has her chops, the woman should take a lozenge or something before she tries to belt out a tune.

Still that is an authentic piece of Americana if I've ever heard one.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Living my second childhood. Two tunes that hooked me on music forever at a very young age.

Mason Williams : Classical Gas.

Dick Hyman : The Minotaur (From the very first commercial album ever released featuring the MOOG Synthesizer)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Re. The dick hyman vid . . I can hear elp's "lucky man" imbedded in there.
Re. The mason williams vid . . awesome! What else can i say? I still have the original 45.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dick Hyman was Keith Emerson's inspiration back in the 60's for all the later work he did with the Moog Modular.

Hyman was the first musician in the world to demonstrate that the electronic music synthesizer was more than a toy or an academic exercise with commercial potential.

Hyman was also an accomplished jazz and classical pianist at the time with many more conventional titles in his repertoire.

If Emerson was the father of modern synth rock then Hyman was the grandfather :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question