What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
More Xmas from Lindsay Sterling... Apparently she's doing vocals now as well. She must have been taking voice lessons.

Some PMJ for the fans...

And some Evanescence for the die hard head bangers :)

Enjoy your weekend :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Just got back from an evening at The Lowry theatre which is on The Quays in what was Salford Docks.

OMG

The greatest show I have ever seen, it blew everything else out of the water.

Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake choreographed by Sir Mathew Bourne.

Here is the Trailer for it.

Yes its a Ballet, so dance and great music a superb performance by all concerned.

Reaction score
Sounds great, @Biggles! Glad to hear you had a good time :)

We love The Lowry, best theatre in the area, great sound and views, plenty of foyer and bar area and The Pier restaurant. Not to mention plenty of parking so handy and its only 3/4 hour from home.

Mind you we are there again tomorrow night to see The Pre-Raphaelite exhibition in the Gallery, we got an invite from the Curator to attend a special event where the Curator will explain and discuss the paintings.

Reaction score
We love The Lowry, best theatre in the area, great sound and views, plenty of foyer and bar area and The Pier restaurant. Not to mention plenty of parking so handy and its only 3/4 hour from home.

Mind you we are there again tomorrow night to see The Pre-Raphaelite exhibition in the Gallery, we got an invite from the Curator to attend a special event where the Curator will explain and discuss the paintings.

Yeah it is a nice place! Weirdly we nearly got married there - they have a great function room at the top of the building, but the room for the ceremony wasn't great so we decided against it. Hope you enjoy the exhibition!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm depressed today. Soon there will be 8 billion people in the world and the only way to save the planet is to get rid of 75% of them. :eek:

Even 50 years ago we were in a mess of our own making and music back then voiced this clearly.

Today's theme is, "Where have all the protest songs gone?"

Gary ;)

Reaction score

We were in Salford Quays last night (had tickets to see a TV show but didn't get there early enough :rolleyes:), did you see the Lightwaves exhibition? They had some pretty cool stuff! Our favourite one was called Heartbeat - you each touch a pad and hold hands to complete the circuit, and it reveals a heart hidden in the structure :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Been listening to some Lady Gaga recently, and for some reason You and I always reminds me of What's Up by 4 Non Blondes...

Similar chord progressions in the main verses but the choruses are totally different. :)

All in all I prefer Gaga's tune. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Christmas songs are dire when sung by modern so called artists

We are at a Hotel in our Lake District and the piped music they are playing in the public lounge, bar and dining room is a compilation of Christmas songs, from Johnny Mathis, Dolly Parton, Slade, and Pet Shop Boys to Girl Bands whining and oooing out of tune and some guy singing; and I use that term in the loosest manner, White Christmas, he so far out of tune I would sound like Elvis if I sang the same song and I sing as good as Clint Eastwood did in Paint Your Wagon.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There there grandpa. No you can't call them cripples any more and steaks don't taste like they used to so just settle back with your prune juice cocktail and enjoy your fossil fuel :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question