What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
There are the few times Gary that you are so far off the mark you are on another planet.

Then there are the majority of the times when you hit the nail firmly on the head.

This is the latter.

Now where’s my prune juice, must keep regular at my age :(

PS
Don’t take to me about fossil fuels, my car gets rubbish mpg.

Reaction score
I love this Christmas song by Tim Minchin :)

Every year, all proceeds from the sale of (either version of) this song during the months of November, December and January, go to an organisation which supports children and/or adults on the autism spectrum. This year, 2018, that will be Aspect in Australia.

Reaction score
I like the Eric Norlander stuff :)

I know what you mean about not feeling Christmassy, I'm hoping the feeling will kick in at the weekend!

Reaction score
Wow.

My Wife and I were yet again at The Liverpool Philharmonic Hall for a Carols by Candlelight concert by the Mozart Orchestra with Rowan Pierce the soprano soloist.

What a tremendous voice this very talented young lady has, she should go far in the Music industry.

I am not a religious person but love carol concerts, go figure.

During the Interval a guy started to tune the Harpsichord that the Conductor was playing, so being seated on the front row I went for a chat with him, he explained about the instrument and how when the Conductor was playing the lower keybed the corresponding keys on the upper keybed were being played by the instrument. What a talent this guy had to ge able to tune an instrument as complicated as a harpsichord only by ear.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Enough with the Christmas music already :p

Some more arteestik stuff... :)

Enjoy :D

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey Gary,
You surprised me with the Disturbed Vids! I thought you were not a fan of metal?
Can't say I liked 'em.
But I do like some metal. Metallica for instance . . their music is top notch.
cheers
Ray

Reaction score
Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence is outstanding.

Metalica, Becky, now we are talking music. Check out their movie Through The Never if you have not seen it.

On a different tack, I am thinking of getting a Uke and have been looking at tutorials and songs, this is great

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Enjoying some prog rock today. Loving the sounds of the two vintage Kurzweils the keyboardist is playing. :D

BTW, these guys are coming to Toronto in May. I'd score some tickets if the seating wasn't general admission :p

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
New one in this week's email from PMJ...

And just in case anyone missed it, Postmodern Jukebox did a live concert on Youtube on Christmas Eve. (I'm talking to you Ray :D )

Enjoy :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Christmas songs are dire when sung by modern so called artists

We are at a Hotel in our Lake District and the piped music they are playing in the public lounge, bar and dining room is a compilation of Christmas songs, from Johnny Mathis, Dolly Parton, Slade, and Pet Shop Boys to Girl Bands whining and oooing out of tune and some guy singing; and I use that term in the loosest manner, White Christmas, he so far out of tune I would sound like Elvis if I sang the same song and I sing as good as Clint Eastwood did in Paint Your Wagon.
I kind of with you on this one. I really have little or no interest in hearing badly done new versions of the Christmas classics. What bugs me the most is when you hear the new auto tuned versions. Ugh!

Ask a Question