What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
This might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I love it!

And for all of the prog music fans out there, just get yourselves a nice long drink of your favourite beverage and sit back and enjoy one of my newest discoveries. Mister Neal Morse! All I can say is wow! I've known about him from Spocks Beard and Transatlantic but this is on another scale.

Reaction score
I've been listening to a weird variety of music recently. I've never really listened to much jazz before, but I started listening to Jamie Cullum's show on BBC Radio 2 - some of it sounds like awful noise to me, but I've liked some too! I'm a Jeff Goldblum fan, so had to buy his new album. Norwegian singer Sigrid has been on my playlist, although I'm not usually a chart-pop type person.

And... I just noticed Tim Minchin has released a new song! (I have tickets to see him in Edinburgh in November!)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
As i sit here having my whore's breakfast of cigarette and a cup of coffee, I'm listening to all the joy tobacco (straight and whacky) has brought everyone over the years. :D

Enjoy :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Wow! That song by The Bubble Puppy was my absolute fav back in the 60's 70's. I just loved it then and when I saw you posted it here I headed straight for it.
Still awesome! Do you notice the channel separation? Just superb.
Thanks Gary.
Now I have played it 3 times I will listen to the others.
Cheers
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually there are two variations on that phrase.

I've heard it called either a Whore's Breakfast or the slightly less rude Sailor's Breakfast.

Either one is the same. A cigarette and a cup of coffee. :D :D :D

Gary ;)
\

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I always visit this topic first so I can listen to the music while I'm reading through the forum, anyone else do the same?! :)
Actually I often have background music running as I am doing things. But I always run these posted clips exclusively. I also need to watch the vids. You never know who pmj may have up front singing for example. Always talented singers. They need to be watched. (especially the females . .thanks Gary lol)
Ray

John Garside

JohnG
Reaction score
Might not be everybody's cup of tea, I appreciate, but classical music is what mostly turns me on.
Recently another poster on another forum directed my attention to this amazing talent.
He's a young Russian pianist of just 17.
Here's his rendering of Rachmaninov's 3rd. Staggeringly difficult to play, I'm told.

Should keep you occupied for more than 40 minutes ... if you like this kind of thing.
JohnG.

Ask a Question