What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Glad you liked it Ray, check out more of his work, he is a superstar in the UK but sadly we have not yet managed to get to see him.

Anyway, my Wife and I have been out again tonight to another Concert at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall this time to see Paul Carrack.

You have not lived until you have been in an audience in Liverpool, they are the most responsive there is and the atmosphere is fantastic.

This is my favourite track of his, tonight he and the band played it he played keys on a Yamaha piano and moved over to his battered Hammond, meanwhile the Sax is played by Stevie Beighton who is one of the best there is.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
That young pianist sure is talented @John Garside! Lovely piece of music, and he played it very well :)

@Biggles I haven't listened to Paolo Nutini in ages! I used to listen to his Sunny Side Up album all the time, but I'd kinda forgotten about it recently. Thanks for the reminder :D

We were listening to a lot of Gregory Porter this weekend, I love his velvet voice...

John Garside

JohnG
Reaction score
Thanks Becky, so glad you liked it.
Sadly I'm old enough to remember (and have the CD) of Nat King Cole singing Smile.
Just love Nat's husky voice.
The music was written by Charlie Chaplin.

<iframe width="1230" height="692" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reaction score
The music was written by Charlie Chaplin

Oh I didn't know that! :)

Becky, you and Ian should go and see it this week if you can, it is the best stage show ever.

Glad to hear you had a good time! I'd forgotten it was on to be honest, and we've got a really busy weekend coming up :( Hopefully I'll be able to see it next time it's on tour (or when I'm next down in London).

Reaction score
Seeing we are into converting Gary to the harmonica and to the Blues here is my contribution.

The Blues Band with Paul Jones on vocals and harmonica.

We have seen the band a few times, for those who do not know PJ was in Manfred Mann in the sixties and since 1991 The Manfreds have been touring every year and yes we have seen them almost every year since.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm actually a big fan of Blues Traveler as well as Zeppelin's When the Levee Breaks.

My only objection is how the player's face looks when chomping down on the mouth organ. :p

And NOW for something REALLY cheezy...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
This year I've been really into Neal Morse's music. I first heard about him when I discovered a band called Spock's Beard. Then I found him in another great band, Transatlantic. I recently purchased his second and third last albums. This is a cut form his latest. Hope you like it!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry Jeremy. The first half second made my ears bleed.

I'm just not into metal at all these days.

Instead of F*** da Poh-lice!!! I'm more of a law and order guy these days :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Maybe you'll like this one much better. Same band. Different sound.
Truth be told, I never thought of them as a metal band, but they do like to get heavy and that's the thing I like about them. They can be sweet and melodic and then turn a corner and get hard and heavy. FYI They're c Christian band so I kinda doubt they have a F#%* the Police thing going!;)

Ask a Question