what keyboard i need?

Reaction score
hi i want to buy a keyboard but i'm newbie in this world i play the piano but i want to try it what keyboard i need? i'm intrested for korg m50 and tr

other question if i buy a keyboard what i need to connect it in my computer?
and last one what "pack" i need for my first keyboard? i need to buy something?

Reaction score
I think the M50 might be something a bit expensive for your very first keyboard. But I think you need to be a little bit more specific about exactly what you'll use the keyboard for, so I'll give you a few questions:

1. What do you intend to use the keyboard for? As you stated that you already play the piano, I suppose that you already have a piano, which should mean that piano sounds are not prioritized?

2. What's your budget? Would you be interested in buying second-hand?

3. What do you mean with "pack"? Like, the additional accessories as a damper pedal, a keyboard stand, and such?

4. Do you feel in need of creating your very own unique sounds, or will you be fine enough with presets only, to start with?

This will probably help us get a better understanding about what you want from your keyboard, which will make things much easier for us to find a keyboard that will satisfy your needs :)

Reaction score
I think the M50 might be something a bit expensive for your very first keyboard. But I think you need to be a little bit more specific about exactly what you'll use the keyboard for, so I'll give you a few questions:

1. What do you intend to use the keyboard for? As you stated that you already play the piano, I suppose that you already have a piano, which should mean that piano sounds are not prioritized?

2. What's your budget? Would you be interested in buying second-hand?

3. What do you mean with "pack"? Like, the additional accessories as a damper pedal, a keyboard stand, and such?

4. Do you feel in need of creating your very own unique sounds, or will you be fine enough with presets only, to start with?

This will probably help us get a better understanding about what you want from your keyboard, which will make things much easier for us to find a keyboard that will satisfy your needs :)
I was thinking of passing the keyboard completely,remove my acustic piano and put a great keyboard.Answering your questions:

1.I want use it in home for play and try new thing, i play the piano from about 9 years ago...but i really want a nice piano sounds.

2.My budget is less than 2161$ (1500€ i'm from spain) I am not interested in buying second-hand because want to buy it in my favorite music shop i buy all there.

3.When i says "pack" i referred for additional accessories yeah because i don't know what accessories i need

4. I want a keyboard to enjoy trying to do new things but easy to use

thanks for reply my post. Sorry for my bad english.

Reaction score
Okey, if that's the case, I suppose good piano sound and feel is a must.

First of all, as you will probably want weighted keys, since you're used to playing the piano, you should definitely get a full-size 88 key keyboard.

The cheapest price I've found on the Korg M50-88 is €1729, which exceeds your budget. But to me it sounds more like the Yamaha Motif series should be of your interest, as Yamaha is THE best when it comes to piano sounds.
However, I just did some quick research and found that all the 88-key Motifs are above your budget, but my mind crossed the Yamaha MM8, which might be of interest. (found a demo here which demonstrates it's piano sounds)

If piano sounds will be the most important, you should probably definitely go with Yamaha, but if you think that you will be using a lot of other sounds too (like leads, pads, drums, brass and such), you might want to do some additional researching.

Unfortunately, I don't really know that much about either Yamaha or Roland, except for what I've just said, since I'm too obsessed about the M50 xD

Regarding the accessories, you will at least need a sustain (damper) pedal, and a keyboard stand. Then there are a few extra optional things (like a footswitch to change sounds by pressing a pedal, or an expression pedal to control some effects), which depends a bit on what you intend on playing.

Hope it helped a little bit :)=

Reaction score
Though I strongly advice you to go to the stores and try some keyboards out before making your final decision, if you can.

Reaction score
'
Could I just add something that hasn't been mentioned, (& may not be obvious to a newbie to electric keyboards) -

amplification.

The above keyboards do not have built-in speakers, so a 'sound-system' is a must!

Ask a Question