Which Keyboard To Buy

Reaction score
Hope someone can guide me in the right direction. I am a beginner and have been offered a good condition second hand Yamaha PSR 100 keyboard for £200. From what I can see in this price range I could purchase a new Yahaha PSR E443.

Can anyone tell me which route might be the best?

Reaction score
Hope someone can guide me in the right direction. I am a beginner and have been offered a good condition second hand Yamaha PSR 100 keyboard for £200. From what I can see in this price range I could purchase a new Yahaha PSR E443.

Can anyone tell me which route might be the best?

Sorry I meant to say that its a PSR 1100 keyboard

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
For a 12 year old PSR 1100 that is way too much money. It's worth closer to 40 - 50 UK Pounds at a yard sale.

You are correct, that a PSR-e433 can be had brand new for 200 UK Pounds and it is a far superior keyboard with a full warranty.

My advice is walk away from whomever's trying to take advantage of you with this overpriced antique.

The 433 is a very nice machine and I'm certain you'd be very happy with one for years to come.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
For a 12 year old PSR 1100 that is way too much money. It's worth closer to 40 - 50 UK Pounds at a yard sale.

You are correct, that a PSR-e433 can be had brand new for 200 UK Pounds and it is a far superior keyboard with a full warranty.

My advice is walk away from whomever's trying to take advantage of you with this overpriced antique.

The 433 is a very nice machine and I'm certain you'd be very happy with one for years to come.

Gary

Reaction score
Hi Gary

Many thanks for your advice. I hadnt realised that the PSR 1100 was such an old keyboard. I saw that yamaha have a new psr e443 keyboard for arounf £250. Do you have any experience of this one?

Thanks for your help

Mark

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have no personal experience with Yamaha products since they refuse to support Linux with their hardware.

However, many people here in this forum as well as on others own the e433 and have nothing but good things to say about it.

If that's your working price range then your main choices would be either the PSR e433, the PSR e333, the Casio CTK 7000 or the WK 7500 or the CTK 6200 or the WK 6500.

All fine keyboards in their own right but you'd have to make your own final decision based on which sounds best to you and what your own exact needs are from a keyboard.

Gary

Reaction score
Many thanks for the advice Gary. Been to my local music shop and tried out a couple of your recomendations. Im a windows user ( boo, I know) so iv've ordered a new PSR E443 which felt really good. I'll post some feedback once I get it.

Ask a Question