Yamaha NPV60 vs YPG238

Reaction score
Looking for a Keyboard to begin with, i have narrowed my choices down to those two, the NPV-60 and YPG-235

"PLEASE' don't get other models involved in this Discussion or even worse guitars or a different instrument. I am ONLY interested on those 2 Models.

I understand they are not 88 weighted keys.

My questions are, which keyboard is better for gigging in terms of sounds and feel(plastic like keys, too bouncy, too toyish ?

Which has better piano and instrument sounds?

Is the difference in sound quality very large?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
KEYBOARDS.jpg

Reaction score
YPG-235 $240
NP V60 $300
If you know of a better options under $300 please let me know. Thanks

Reaction score
Bump

Funny answer but not what's expected.

I understand. But in that range, the bits and pieces are pretty comparable. In another identical thread posted by "egs", the original poster gave up and went up-market to find a better fit. He was told he needed an 88-key board, etc. If you're not in the US, the answer won't apply, perhaps, but for other readers it may indeed make sense. For example, the DGX-230 (virtually the same board as the YPG-235) is a package deal at CostCo Online (not on Christmas Special) with an X-stand and Audio-Technica headphones for $299, and at Walmart for $264.
0087417100266_500X500.jpg

These are consumer items and eminently usable in learning keyboard and music theory (though learning piano includes learning piano-weighted keys and is different), and the differences, given the purpose, are tiny.

Thus, the answer, while unexpected and a bit funny, is bang on the money when it comes to accomplishing those goals. If I were considering those items, I'd wait to see what's on special at the big-box stores.

Ask a Question