Yamaha P-125 Auto Power Off enable

Reaction score
Hi, all.

How do I enable the Auto Power Off function on this keyboard?

Although the instructions on Page 10 of the owner's manual work correctly to disable the feature, I can't seem to enable it again. The Yamaha video online explaining it only covers disable (despite the video title saying otherwise) which is done by holding down A0 while powering on. The instructions are a bit confusing since the written text doesn't match the illustrations.

Here's the manual page:

https://monosnap.com/file/oqRm6RG3vdVEd1MLLYus5gtZJkfqc8

Turning it on while holding down A#0 doesn't work. Same thing with holding down Metronome and Rhythm while pressing A#0 while it's turned on. I'm wondering what magic combination of keys is needed to restore the factory default setting which is Auto Power Off *enabled*.

Cheers,
Chris

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
First of all, make sure you're holding down both the Metronome and Rhythm buttons before you press the A#0 key, not the other way around. In your post it sounds like you might be pressing the A#0 key first.

If that doesn't work, try checking the other functions that are accessed by holding down both the Metronome and Rhythm buttons to see if they work, because there might be a fault in either of those buttons.

If you need to do a factory reset, turn off the power, hold down the highest key (C7), and turn on the power, as described on page 24.

Reaction score
Summamabitch! I would *SWEAR* on a pile of bibles that I did exactly the same thing several times before posting here.

Of course, it magically worked the 1st time trying it after reading your reply. Either I was doing the keypresses backwards as you cautioned about or the headphones were plugged in and didn't hear the "On!" confirmation. Or both. I was definitely expecting the light to flash three times the same way it does when disabling it. These are the times when I definitely feel middle-aged.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ask a Question