Yamaha prs-650

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You should enjoy your new keyboard! I predict you will be very busy exploring it tomorrow. ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Claude,
Welcome to the forums.
Well done on choosing the PSR S 670.
That is one awesome instrument.
I purchased a Yamaha PRS-S650 (670) and should get it tomorrow. Any suggestions?
Any suggestions is a very broard request since we don't know anything about you. What is the Claude story? Are you in a band? A novice player or experienced player? Song writer?
What are your ambitions and expectations of this new KB?

I have the PSR S 650. So I am very interested in how you evaluate the 670.
I have looked at buying one myself as an upgrade.
Both models are similar in their functions and if you need suggestions or advice on some of the features, I am happy to discuss.
On the other hand I will be very keen to know your thoughts and feelings once you get to know your new baby.

Stay in touch.
Cheers
Ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Ray, first of all I purchased the prs-770 not the 650.
I am not a pro and leaning the keyboards for pleasure and I need a lot of help!
When I received the keyboard, I just play around with it to get familiar with some of the sounds, it's sound great! The only disappointment I have is that I cannot connect a VGA screen for karaoke.
A question, can you download other styles from other prs.
Thank you

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
You would probably need HDMI cable for the external screen but I have no ideao_O
Do you have a manual? Is there a HDMI port on th KB?

This is a question for the techo experts here. Clearly not me.

Ray :)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
As far as your question about styles, you should be able to load a wide variety of Yamaha style files and use them on your PSR-S770, although you will likely need to tweak them so they use the best available voices for your keyboard. There are a number of free utility programs which Yamaha users have created for tweaking style files, such as MixMaster by Michael Bedesem, or some of the programs that Jorgen Sorensen has written.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ok now I was able to go the prs tutorial and got some free styles and a lot of them.
Now I have a question: I save some styles on music finder and rename it for a song, if I remove the USB the file cannot be found. Can someone help me to solve that issue.
Thank you

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Based on what I've read from other users over at the PSR Tutorial Forum, I think the best thing to do is keep the styles and any Music Finder entries, Registrations, etc. that use those styles on the same USB drive. But I don't have any keyboard models that can use style files, Music Finder entries, or Registrations directly from a USB drive, so I don't really know for sure. You could also use the Yamaha MusicSoft Downloader program to load the style files into the keyboard's internal drive.

Ask a Question