Yamaha SY77 Floppy Disc Errors

Reaction score
Hi I'm having problems loading files into my SY77, I did a bit of research and found that you had to cover the little square opposite to the write protect before formatting the disc in the 77 ( Something to do with the 77 not being able to read dual sided discs) Anyhow i did all this loaded the files to disc and back to the 77 and it get's an illegal file error or a bad disc error, What's interesting of note is the files name only comes up in the Seq or other category not in voice or any other category, the file name comes up Reed Syx or whatever but when it comes to saving it i get the error message. Any ideas?

It might be the files are corrupted, (I downloaded them free from the net) and i'm waiting on some patches on a CDROM i purchased but i hear about how torturous the midi can be on this beast so that's why i've taken the i thought it would be easier floppy disc method

Ask a Question