Correcting date/time on USB recordings

Reaction score
When I record from my DGX-670 to a USB stick, the date and time of the WAV files are never correct. Is there some way that I haven't been able to find where I can set a calendar and clock on the piano? I'm a noob.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Based on what I'm seeing in the Reference Manual, there is no way to set the date and time yourself, and the date and time will be reset to their factory default settings whenever you turn the keyboard off and then turn it on again later.

However, if you use a USB wireless adapter to connect the keyboard to a network using the "Infrastructure Mode," the keyboard will use the date and time from the network when it puts a timestamp on files.

See "Time Stamp" at the top of page 89, and "Making Wireless LAN Settings" on pages 85 through 86, in the Reference Manual:

Reaction score
Outstanding! Thanks for the quick and helpful reply! I had no idea that the keyboard could be connected to my network. I've only had it a few months. I find the layout of the two manuals to be confusing - part of which might be because this is my first digital/electric keyboard. Still a wealth of info to learn. Much obliged!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
As far as connecting to your network, I have no idea whether you can use any USB wireless network adapter, or if you must use the one that Yamaha makes.

Reaction score
Thanks again. I hope this week to play with it and find the answers. If I do, I wil come back here with details I have learned for posterity.

Ask a Question