Help - my keyboard is stuck on a weird scale.

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help a keyboard novice here.

Its a new arranger keyboard that I'm trying out for the first time. I started to play a doh-ray-meh scale up the keyboard (using the white keys and no black ones), but realised something was wrong, because I needed to use a few of the black keys to make an ordinary doh-ray-meh scale. Wrote it down, it goes like this:

C1 D E (Fsharp) G A B C . C2 (C sharp) E F G (Bflat) B C. C3 D E (F sharp) G A B C.
C4 (C sharp) E F G (Bflat) B C C5 D E (Fsharp) G A B C.

its a Korg
thanks if you can help

Reaction score
Hej, hej Mister Jabber,

could it be that you have bought a keyboard with oriental scales like
Korg Pa500 oriental? Tell the korg modell you have.

Reaction score
thanks for your input, Mr goldi5210,

Yes, it is a Korg pa50SD, fresh out of the box. I can see no information on the keyboard which says it is an Oriental keyboard.

I have contacted the Ebay supplier. As this keyboard is advertised as NEW, I guess I may need to return it for a full refund.

I also contacted KORG UK via their website to ask for their help with this strange occurence.

The Managing Director of the Ebay retailer has promised to phone me later today to explain this weird problem on this keyboard.
Apart from that, it is surely an attractive keyboard and a nice of piece of furniture in my home. I like the audio input, which will
used as an amplifier for my domestic MP3 player.

best regards from Mister Jabber

Reaction score
Check Page 44 of your user manual - you can change the scales.

...Page 227 shows all the scales avaiable to the 50SD " (unquote)

Hello, Y-man,

Thanks very much for this information. Tangentially it confirms what I had thought - this keyboard has been messed about with
before I bought it. Sorry to be sound like a techno wimp, but I'd need time to get my poor head around that kind of advanced stuff of
page 44 of the manual.

The upshot is, I emphasied to the retailer my desire for a 'brand new - fresh-out-the-box virgin keyboard' and this surely is not that.

I thank you very much for your good information.

best regards

Reaction score
This isn't part of any solution, but I couldn't help thinking: Isn't the world stuck, on a pretty large scale?

Ask a Question