Help needed with power supply pinout for PC2X/PC2R (PM0025-001)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well then... DOCTOR @sunspot :)

I'm surprised you haven't asked over at

Just chock full of technical tips and techniques for troubleshooting electronic gear. :p

BTW, if your Kurzweil is using a switching supply you should know there is no way to measure out accurate voltages without a dummy load... Something not a lot of keyboardists out there keep in stock.

Actually if you're a doctor of applied physics, then I might assume you let the EE grad students do the actual screwdriver work. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well then... DOCTOR @sunspot :)

I'm surprised you haven't asked over at

I really want to go the other way around and check with the actual owner of the device.

you should know there is no way to measure out accurate voltages without a dummy load... Something not a lot of keyboardists out there keep in stock.
True. But that will show as 15-15.8V on the AC output pins (instead of 14V). Easily distinguishable from the 9V on DC side that will show as ~0V AC on DVM.

Actually if you're a doctor of applied physics, then I might assume you let the EE grad students do the actual screwdriver work. :D :D :D

Gary
That would be totally unethical since the synth is physically at the girlfriend`s :)

Reaction score
I really want to go the other way around and check with the actual owner of the device.

True. But that will show as 15-15.8V on the AC output pins (instead of 14V). Easily distinguishable from the 9V on DC side that will show as ~0V AC on DVM.

That would be totally unethical since the synth is physically at the girlfriend`s :)

Hi Sunspot, attached pictuers come from my PC2X power supply; I think they should definitely answer your question.

Attachments

• PowerSupply_IMG_6231.jpg
    PowerSupply_IMG_6231.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 59
  • PowerSupply_IMG_6236.jpg
    PowerSupply_IMG_6236.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 61
  • PowerSupply_IMG_6233.jpg
    PowerSupply_IMG_6233.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 32
  • PowerSupply_IMG_6234.jpg
    PowerSupply_IMG_6234.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 61
  • PowerSupply_IMG_6235.jpg
    PowerSupply_IMG_6235.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 51
  • PowerSupply_IMG_6232.jpg
    PowerSupply_IMG_6232.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
Hi Sunspot, attached pictuers come from my PC2X power supply; I think they should definitely answer your question.
Perfect. :) Thanks so much for all of your efforts in helping getting my PC2X form the attic to the living room.

Ask a Question