M-Audio Keystation 49

Reaction score
Dabbling in modular synths so I bought my first keyboard. To save desk space I bought a stand too. I looked for ways to fix the keyboard to the stand but normal keyboard straps need a screw thread on the underside of the keyboard and the Keystation 49 doesn't have any. Are there other ways to fix the keyboard to the stand?

Reaction score
Not sure what kind of a stand you purchased so it is impossible to offer the right advice; however given that the keyboard weighs 5 pounds I would experiment by putting two strips of velcro under the keyboard and on the stand; that should keep it secured to the base of the stand.

Reaction score
One of these; I can see now that the Keystation line, being just a MIDI controller, is probably made for home use - on a desk or table - and so would not be expected to be used on a stand. The velcro is a good idea.

Xframe Double Brace.jpeg

Reaction score
A piece of 1/2 inch plywood with a few holes drilled through it to correspond to either side of the top brace, feed a couple of tie wraps through the holes and around each of the top braces and secure thoroughly. Job done

Reaction score
A piece of 1/2 inch plywood with a few holes drilled through it to correspond to either side of the top brace, feed a couple of tie wraps through the holes and around each of the top braces and secure thoroughly. Job done
I thought of doing something like this, effectively turning the stand into a table. Trouble is, if I want to adjust the height of the stand I would need more holes.

I even thought of large elastic bands looping underneath the stand and around the edges of the keyboard. Flexible & secure but ugly.

The velcro idea allows for the height of the stand to be adjusted, and is the neatest solution, thank you Delaware Dave :)

Ask a Question