MIDI question

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm new here and i'm hoping to get help with a problem i'm having. i've been playing keys for about 25 years and am embarassed to say that MIDI is still very confusing to me. :confused: I have a Muse Receptor that crapped out one me this past sunday and i'm trying to get a rig together to use for TONIGHT!

I have two controllers and two modules: a Studiologic VMK-188 controlling a Korg Triton Rack and a CME UF8 controlling a Yamaha TG77. They are not MIDIed together but independant from one another. Both are playing fine, however I can't seem to get any of the faders on the controllers to control anything on the modules. Particullarly the Main Volume. Also trying to get the fadars on the VMK-188 to control individual volumes on the Triton while in Multi mode.

Can anybody please help? I am totally lost without being able to control levels while playing certain patches. I'd even take a phone call to walk me through some of this if anyone could help. Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
dude i've never heard of a muse receptor breaking, but those things are pretty awesome, how did it break?

Reaction score
well, the muse receptor for the most part are pretty awesome. mine, however has had to go back to muse two times now. the first time was because of an audio card going bad. this last time was because of the mother board crapping out on me. the unit is well taken care of. i don't know why i've had this much problems but it's quite disappointing. i've had to go so far as adding a backup module to my rig (a korg triton rack) so that i can gig if the receptor craps out again before a show so i'm not left stranded. it sucks that i can't trust it but it's just been a bad run of luck with this unit.

Ask a Question