Music score Help

Reaction score
Is there any websites or a program that tranlate's music sheets, into note format rather score ?

Or a way of getting the notes that need to be played rather than being writen in music form

Reaction score
Lol Fair play,
Got started and its not as hard as i first thought, not sure why just thought reading the notes as in (c) (d) etc would be easyer but prob not i guess,
Any views on Rocket Piano ?
Ive purchased it today and seam's quite good, very easy to understand at least,

Reaction score
I would definitely learn to read sheet music first over any other way. You'll only regret it later if you don't. If it helps, try pencilling in the note names, and possibly the finger number you use over the notes of the stave.

I don't know Rocket Piano, but if it's easy to understand it's probably alright!

Reaction score
All:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, please consider this.

Scoring and sheet music is the universal language of musicians everywhere. It is why russian, chinese, brummie, egyptian and americans (who are only native readers and speakers of THEIR language) can sit, read a score and perform amazing music together.

It's really worth the time and energy it takes to learn to read music, as it will serve you for the remainder of your musical life (and it doesn't matter what instrument you eventually play).

There "really" aren't any short cuts to this and the ones that do exist, handicap musicians forever. Just ask any guitar player who can only play from "tablature" and you'll see exactly my point.

Happy reading.

Reaction score
To be fair, it's also a really important skill (in some contexts) to be able to take a lead sheet with chords and do something competent with it. Playing by ear and sightreading are both useful, and the best musicians do both really well.

However, you can't play something by ear if you don't have the technical skill to play it period, and if you're going to be learning songs (or even non-trivial technical exercises) for the purpose of improving your technical skill, sightreading is the way to do that.

Reaction score
You could try searching for EZ Play music, That has the note letters written on the notes, It`s OK to start off with, but would not recommend sticking with it. Much better to learn to read music properly from the onset.

Reaction score
Damobear, I would also encourage you to learn to read music, if even you only become proficient at a basic level it will help you much more than you realize.
Also learn and practice scales.
B3

Ask a Question