Need HELP in Keyboard Live Rig Set up!!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have been searching the entire web on setting up a live rig keyboard set up but i havent found one so i decided to join this forum hoping someone could answer me.. I have a yamaha mm6 and Juno di now my problem is every time we play live i have to dial on my keyboard to change to another voice lets say from piano to strings or from brass to pads..Ive seen Jordan rudess video wherein he just step on his pedal and the sound/voices of his keyboard suddenly change i mean that's great i can map it in order of the songs that we will play..does anybody know how to do that?or what do i need to set it up like that?is my keyboard capable of doing that?
Thanks any answer will be appreciated.

Reaction score
hi strings27,

I also have a Juno di and I use the favorite banks to keep my frequent patches and performance voices stored. I sometimes catagorize them by songs I play or similiar sounds (like organ or electr piano) etc. The Juno has nine buttons and I think 9 rows or banks to store in. The manual tells how to create new sounds and how to store both patches and performance sounds and how to store into the favorites bank. Very user friendly and a good feature. I've spent alot of time tweaking sounds and keeping them in the favorites.

I don't have a pedal to control it - I just remember where they are. Much easier than dialing thru. Just 2 buttons pushed at the most. I know you can assign a pedal function to the favorites, but I'm not exactly sure how much control you have of going up and down the banks. I'm interested in knowing that also.

Hope that was some help.

Reaction score
hi strings27,

I also have a Juno di and I use the favorite banks to keep my frequent patches and performance voices stored. I sometimes catagorize them by songs I play or similiar sounds (like organ or electr piano) etc. The Juno has nine buttons and I think 9 rows or banks to store in. The manual tells how to create new sounds and how to store both patches and performance sounds and how to store into the favorites bank. Very user friendly and a good feature. I've spent alot of time tweaking sounds and keeping them in the favorites.

I don't have a pedal to control it - I just remember where they are. Much easier than dialing thru. Just 2 buttons pushed at the most. I know you can assign a pedal function to the favorites, but I'm not exactly sure how much control you have of going up and down the banks. I'm interested in knowing that also.

Hope that was some help.

Thanks bro, yep i know there's a button/bank to easily access those voices but i seemed to like the way how rudess steps on his pedal and the voice changes, its map exactly in order the ways songs are played..anybody here knows the answer would be of great help...

Reaction score
Guys - I have a similar issue - but I use a Tyros 2 as main keyboard with a Roland VK-7 organ as 2nd main keyboard. Have Roland JV1010 and JV-1080 modules racked and access them via a FATAR Studio 900 MIDI keyboard with the greatest 88-note piano weighted keyboard I have played ever. However I am new to the Tyros anda am having a bit of trouble getting to grips with assigning a setup of voices, sytle, etc under one "button" to save itb for future use. ANy ideas? I mhaven't gone into real depth with the downloaded manual asyet so obviously I will try that first but you guys coculd help me cut down on the time required! Any help gratefully received ! Thanks muchly! Phil

The Y_man

Reaction score
Guys - I have a similar issue - but I use a Tyros 2 as main keyboard with a Roland VK-7 organ as 2nd main keyboard. Have Roland JV1010 and JV-1080 modules racked and access them via a FATAR Studio 900 MIDI keyboard with the greatest 88-note piano weighted keyboard I have played ever. However I am new to the Tyros anda am having a bit of trouble getting to grips with assigning a setup of voices, sytle, etc under one "button" to save itb for future use. ANy ideas? I mhaven't gone into real depth with the downloaded manual asyet so obviously I will try that first but you guys coculd help me cut down on the time required! Any help gratefully received ! Thanks muchly! Phil

The manual is quite good - I just downloaded and had a quick look.

What you need is on page 52.

The Y-man

Ask a Question