Recommendations for home setup please!

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a Nord Piano 4. I use to have a Kurzweil digital piano a few years back with built in speakers. I just don't know whether to get near field speakers or a keyboard amp or whatever. The sales rep at Sweetwater suggested this ------> Aspen Pittman CPS Spacestation V. 3 Stereo Monitor.

I'm only going to play this keyboard in my living room (22' x 14'). I just play for my own pleasure and would like something that just sounds amazing with possibly a built in EQ. I'm not going to record or gig with this setup either.

$879 for the stereo monitor is probably a bit over my budget but if it's a great choice, I'll figure it out. Does anyone have a suggestion about what direction I should go?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Welcome.

Why not check out Nord’s own brand monitors?

$600 at Sweetwater so you should be able to get a good discount buying both together.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd suggest going with a set of 5" or 6" powered monitors and a powered subwoofer to reproduce the bass notes. No more than 100 watts each if you don't want to piss off the neighbours.

Here's some suggestions.

If this blows the budget here's some economy options

Personally I use a pair of M-Audio BX5A's and a monoprice 8" sub in my home studio and they sound great together.

It really boils down to how critical an audiophile you are :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Spacestation is not ideal for piano sounds... but it has a strength in providing a spacious stereo-like effect no matter where you are in a room, which makes it a good choice for gigs where you have a somewhat large, scattered audience. That's not an issue in a living room. To cover a smaller area, with better quality, a pair of small studio monitors like the JBL 305P Mk II should do the trick, at much lower cost.

Ask a Question