Roland FP-5 vs FP-30

9ck

Reaction score
Dear forum.
Hope you can and will help. I’m looking for a keybord for my daughter. She play guitar but has been recomended and would like to also learn to play the piano. I’m looking at the Roland FP-30 which seems perfekt, but I got an offer for a FP-5 at same price. I’m having a hard time figuring out the differences and which is “best”. Just want a great experience, sound and feel - any advice would be appriciated.

Reaction score
Welcome.

The FP5 was a very good digital piano when it was released which if I understand correctly could have been c15 years ago. It has over 250 inbuilt instrument sounds and features such as rhythms and chord progressions. Polyphony is the number of instrument tones that can be played at the same time and with this keyboard this is 64 but the real killer is its weight which is a rather hefty 47 lbs.

A new FP 30 is $700 and has 35 inbuilt instrument sounds. Polyphony is 128 and reflects the more modern design of the instrument.

There are other similar priced digital pianos to consider with similar features and performance as the FP 30 in the Yamaha P125 and Kawai ES110.

Check the reviews and the Kawai will probably top the list with the Yamaha and Roland in a close second place.

If you think your Daughter will stick at it then you may like to consider upping the budget and consider a Roland RD88 which would serve her well for many, many years.

Ask a Question