What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Yesterday in the evening..."Rock Bottom"...I heard again and again Robert Wyatt, (vynil 1974) and F.ZAPPA : Check Yerbouti :"Yo Mama" (33tr also) : Hummmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I can't say I am thrilled with the above tracks by mogwai and robert miles. There are some exciting sections in there but overall not my style.
But I am glad you added your ideas to this thread.
Look forward to more.
Ray:)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually Ray, I can't say I enjoyed Mogwai either but the Robert Miles tune is an old standard in my books.

Here's a couple from last week's inbox

Enjoy ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I can't say I am thrilled with the above tracks by mogwai and robert miles. There are some exciting sections in there but overall not my style.
But I am glad you added your ideas to this thread.
Look forward to more.

Sometimes i find it interesting how your peoples tastes change over time. in 89 i came out of my trade to work for Polygram and later Universal music.
I worked in the recording/mastering dept for a few years (met some talented musicians too) then later more towards the production. In my case it was ideal for raising the kids (i'm digressing here) whilst working shifts
Anyhow, the point i'm trying to make is, is that i've always been interested in the electro- synth type of music. But now i'l listen to say Gustav Holst The planets or Adagio strings right through to Punk, Trance,Jazz, etc etc
It seems nowadays it's more dependant on what mood i'm in or what i'm doing. For example I still race motocross with my son so i tend to listen to say Trapt, KLF or Utah Saints but when i go paragliding i listen to something more relaxing .... I'm drabbling on lol

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Gary, i gotta say PMJB never disappoint me. That girl on the sax is super talented. I just added her to my youtube search list. Grace Kelly is her name. Her sax playing is superb . .just like Candy Dulfer.
The other pmjb track was also classy.
The walk off the earth track was musically bright, lyrically clever and visually funny.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hound Dog Taylor . . Born in 1915 would you believe. Sadly we lost him in 1975.
Been listening to his blues and boogie music.
Love this tune . . Let's Get Funky.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Not bad Ray, but not great either. The low fidelity recording makes it sound a bit crappy... The repeated chord gets on my nerves after a bit.

Still, it is a sadness whenever one of the old blues legends passes away.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Ah, 1788. Mozart wrote that little ditty, and our British friends decided that it would be a good idea to start a penal colony on some great big island in the southern hemisphere, thereby establishing the first European settlement in Australia.

Both seem to have endured, as far as I can determine.

Reaction score
Ah, 1788. Mozart wrote that little ditty, and our British friends decided that it would be a good idea to start a penal colony on some great big island in the southern hemisphere, thereby establishing the first European settlement in Australia.

Both seem to have endured, as far as I can determine.
I am not sure why you are saying that.

Ask a Question