What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Enjoyed those tunes @happyrat1 :)

As to what I've been listening to recently... well, it's a little different. I've been totally engrossed in The Witcher 3, and I was playing it a lot over the weekend. For those who don't know, it's set in a mythical land that kinda resembles medieval Europe but with magic and monsters. The music is surprisingly catchy! Ian loves this type of music, which I find hilarious :D

It also led us to look into hurdy gurdys, and they're quite interesting:

Told you it was different! :cool:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
The hurdy gurgy @Becky is amazing. It would take the cake for two other threads on this forum. 1. Weird and wonderful 2. The most difficult to play.
The sound is unique and mystical. I like it.
The Witcher tunes are somewhat mystical too. Different indeed and is what makes them appealing.

@happyrat1 . . Two of those folk groups have been associated with jethro tull over the years so I am very familiar with them (Fairport and steeleye). The others I don't know so well.
Quite refreshing and a nice change from the common everyday pop.
Cheers ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the Eurythmics cover! Who would have thought hurdy gurdys could be so popular?! :D

That 'Midigurdy' is hilarious! I think I prefer the old fashioned one ;) Ian has both a 3D printer and a laser cutter so he has joked about making one... :eek:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Bad at Love is sensational!
Wow! Great vocal by the girl with the tattoos up her arm.
Why is there smashed stuff all ovet the floor . Looks like porcelain heads.
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The stuff on the floor looks like styrofoam packing peanuts to me.

Maybe they didn't clean up after they unpacked the mannequin?

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Watched a movie yesterday and at the end through the credits they played this cool tune. cool beat, female vocal what else do you need:cool: I shazamed it.:)
Then I searched for it on youtube and here it is . .

Reaction score
I've always had a soft spot for ye olde English Folk and Medieval music. :D

Here's a few of those bands I've collected over the years.

Gary ;)

I have seen Steeleye Span many, many times over the years, they were awesome.

The guy who plays fiddle is called Peter Knight who is one of if not the best in the world.

He now tours as Peter Knights Gigspanner and their latest album is called The Wife of Urban Law, do check them out.

If you can do check out BBC website and Radio Two where on Wednesday evening at 19:00 for an hour there is a folk show presented by Mark Radcliffe, its an excellent show.

If you like Pentangle check out the music of Enya.

Reaction score
I've been listening to the album Bat Out Of Hell recently... It's a few years before my time, and I have to confess I hadn't listened to it before (the album that is, I knew the title song). It's fantastic :D

Ask a Question