What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Trust me. As soon as I'm in my car I've got anything else on. Usually it's a cd. Anything to get away form the station know as IQ of7! It's not just the repetitive music, it's also the brain dead dj's who try to make like they're actually talking about something important. I pretty much never ever need to hear any of those songs on that station ever again.

Reaction score
Would love to but my car doesn't have internet. It's a 2009 Ford Escape. I also don't have Sirius radio. I do have a gas pedal though and I ain't afraid to use it!
Yee Haw! Outa my way, grandma!
Put on my Priest cd, crank it up and put the pedal to the metal!
Breaking' the law! Breakin' the law!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Option 1 ) Record the Vogues from Youtube, convert to MP3, play on a personal MP3 player.

Option 2 ) Buy the frigging CD ya cheap ass freak!!! :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
:p Budget for cd's is gone. Just bought the latest Kamelot cd and the new Sting, Shaggy cd. Next purchase is probably gonna be a new vocal studio mic. Besides, I'm a champ ass freak!

Reaction score
The Meow song is hilarious. It pretty much sounds the same to me as all the opera I've ever heard :D :D :D

What?? :eek: Eh, I guess it's an acquired taste!

Well now I feel that I have to inflict more on you :D

The Queen of the Night aria sounds pretty until you know what she's singing about, then it sounds totally sinister. Diana Damrau is awesome ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well that was 25 seconds of my life I won't get back again :D :D :D

Seriously though, I'm one of those people who simply doesn't "get" opera.

The only opera I enjoy and have in my collection is Karl Orff's Karmina Burana.

The rest of it sounds like cats being strangled to music.

Not a bad concept when you think about it really :D :p

And now here's something we'll REALLY Like... ;)

Still ripping the 80's CDs in my collection :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Haha fair enough, like I said it's an acquired taste ;)

Excellent choice of song @happyrat1! Are The Smiths were popular over in North America?

I've been really enjoying this song from Alice Merton recently:

Also this new one from Florence and the Machine:

Reaction score
Driving around this afternoon my car stereo was playing a compilation CD and this track was playing as I parked up in my garage.

Took me back in time to a large country pub which had live bands and the UV disco lighting, there was a certain set of singles there were played between the live band playing and this was one of them.

Happy times.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Becky >>> The Smiths were on the charts in North America with songs like How Soon is Now and Girlfriend in a Coma.

Even Morrissey had some success in the alternative scene here when he went solo in the 90's.

Nowadays only the real 80's New Wave and Alternative fans remember them though.

And now, in honor of the new royal mouth to feed, I give you... :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
What?? :eek: Eh, I guess it's an acquired taste!

Well now I feel that I have to inflict more on you :D

The Queen of the Night aria sounds pretty until you know what she's singing about, then it sounds totally sinister. Diana Damrau is awesome ;)

Great choices Becky.

Saw Glyneborne perform La Triaviata in Manchester many years ago, we were guests of the sponsors and were treated like rolaylty and had an after show meal with the then Artistic Director, it was fascinating to hear of the sheer logistics of taking an 80+ ensemble of singers, musicians and techies around the country and the 12 artics and 3 coaches it took to move from venue to venue, sort of puts a Rock Band to shame.

Reaction score
Great choices Becky.

Saw Glyneborne perform La Triaviata in Manchester many years ago, we were guests of the sponsors and were treated like rolaylty and had an after show meal with the then Artistic Director, it was fascinating to hear of the sheer logistics of taking an 80+ ensemble of singers, musicians and techies around the country and the 12 artics and 3 coaches it took to move from venue to venue, sort of puts a Rock Band to shame.

Wow, sounds like a fantastic experience! We saw La Traviata in Prague a few years ago. Ian was grumbling about being dragged along to an opera, but was decidedly more interested when there were fully naked women on stage during the party scene :D The guy sat in front of us suddenly got his opera glasses out!! Much to the annoyance of his wife :eek:;)

Reaction score
Checking out music from the 80's that I was into!
Back in those days I worked for a compn=any called Westbury Sound and Lighting.When we had the DuMauria Jazz Festival in Downtown Toronto, I had the job of mixing stage monitors for this band. The exact lineup of the second video. I was drooling at the sight of the massive keyboard rig. Especially the NED Synclavier. At the time the price was $250,000! Yikes!

Ask a Question