What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's windy, overcast, wet, humid and warm on this fine Labor Day afternoon. A nice day to cue up some Jean Michel Jarre and take a nap. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Just in case anyone thought the Blue Man Group were not real musicians, here they are jamming at home without makeup.

And here they are on NPR Tiny Desk...

I've found a whole new respect for the group after seeing these.

Gary ;)

We went to the USA in 2000 and AA had a promo for the Group on the in flight boredom buster system.

Anyway, on our way home we stayed a few days in Vegas and went to see them in concert at the Luxor.

It was a very surreal show, great music and very innovative visuals.

Reaction score
Way back in 2002 in the Royal Albert Hall there was a Concert for George.

Eric Clapton. Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, Albert Lee, Marc Mann, Gary Brooker, Joe Brown and a host of George Harrison’s friends including Ringo and Paul performed in aid of George’s Charity.

Reaction score
With the exception of his advertising for his Patreon channel, I thoroughly enjoed this. I love hearing people imnprovise, especially Jordan Rudess on his Korg Kronos. The man can really play!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I used to like Rudess but not so much any more. Sure he's fast as hell but his music lacks soul. I'd rather hear some real honky tonk blues from a talented amateur than his repetitive crap any day. :p

Gary ;)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I saw Rory live back around 1973 in a small venue theater in Montreal. He was Freddy King's opening act.

By the end of his set we were all chanting "F*** Freddy!!! More Rory!!!"

It was a hell of a show. One of the best I ever saw.

I went out and bought his Blueprint Album and never looked back. It's a masterpiece.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I never saw him live but I was a fan from his Taste days. I've several of his albums on vinyl and a bunch on cd. BTW, did you get a chance to hear my new song yet?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you mean the one you did on the sequencer I haven't really had a chance yet.

I posted a tune today but there are some noise problems I have to hunt down in my studio so consider it a preliminary sketch of a song.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question