What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
I used to have an Uncle who would give me cool presents when I was a kid. He gave me the Santana cassette. The first one. He also gave me Disraeli Gears. My parents hated ALL modern music so these were amazing presents!

Reaction score
I used to have an Uncle who would give me cool presents when I was a kid. He gave me the Santana cassette. The first one. He also gave me Disraeli Gears. My parents hated ALL modern music so these were amazing presents!
Disraeli Gears, loved that album.

PS
I think I still have a shirt like Clapton is wearing deep in my wardrobe

Reaction score
This is just a guy playing two of the synths that I was in love with back when I was just out of diapers. Funny thing. Soon I'll probably be back in them! NOT!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's a thread over on Gearslutz about Behringer building an Arp 2600 clone.

Gotta love Behringer. making our dreams come true for a fair price. :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Next to Circque De Soleil Jarre must be one of the toughest acts out there to take on the road, :B

Still it's nice to see he made it with all he put into it.

I think all of us golden aged synth lovers owe him a huge debt of gratitude for teaching us More is Better and Analogue is GOOD!!! :D

And these are lessons younger generations are learning to appreciate as well. ;)

Having grown up in Quebec I have to ask myself, "What IS it about the French?!" :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Youtube has stopped sending subscription emails to my Gmail account since last summer so I guess they just want me to watch random shit they suggest instead of the stuff I want.?!? :p

Either way between that and the ads I rarely visit youtube any longer.

Now instead of daily it's weekly and I guess I don't fit their AI's chosen demographic anymore :p

Either way, I'm not a robot that can programmed by sponsored content. :p

All the threads we've started will slowly die off unless someone wants to take over the Music Theory and Technique and Posture Threads. Also the Gear reviews thread. Without that steady stream of incoming subscribed threads I'm fresh out of content. :(

Just checking to see if anyone needs a thankless job :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I feel badly for all the new artists. You really have to play hide and seek to find their releases from the past year.

Has Google finally run out of the petabytes needed to store all the crap on the internet?

Reaction score
Youtube has stopped sending subscription emails to my Gmail account since last summer so I guess they just want me to watch random shit they suggest instead of the stuff I want.?!? :p

Either way between that and the ads I rarely visit youtube any longer.

Now instead of daily it's weekly and I guess I don't fit their AI's chosen demographic anymore :p

Either way, I'm not a robot that can programmed by sponsored content. :p

All the threads we've started will slowly die off unless someone wants to take over the Music Theory and Technique and Posture Threads. Also the Gear reviews thread. Without that steady stream of incoming subscribed threads I'm fresh out of content. :(

Just checking to see if anyone needs a thankless job :D

Gary ;)
YouTube has also stopped sending me notes about my subscriptions. i thought it might have to do with some of my responces to pollitical people that I subscribe to. I keep that stuff separate from my music stuff. Don't need to upset the people that I don't want to upset. Youtube is getting annoying! Keep free speech free! And keep the AI's out of it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Jj Wilde music has kick in it for sure.
But she loses me now in her videos. Very slutty! Somewhat like Madonna.
She doesn't have to spread her legs to sell her music . . Does she?

Ray

It worked for Madonna.

It worked for Miley Cyrus.

It worked for Janet Jackson...

And the list goes on....

Getting noticed in a world with a half a billion self styled "artists" sometimes takes everything you've got, including putting the cookies on the display shelf. If she can get a million teenage horndogs to buy her albums then more power to her. ;)

I agree though, musically she does rock a good tune :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I LOVE these guys Jeremy. I always had a big b*ner for Tom Petty's music when I was a kid. Nice to see that someone new is taking over the style besides Dave Mathews, The Outlaws and a handful of others.

Here's one of my favorites of Tom Petty's numbers. To this very day I still consider it my theme song.

And here's what I was boogieing to earlier this evening.

BTW, I clicked on an Amazon "BUY" link within 2 minutes of hearing "The Dirty Knobs." ( Just gotta love the irony of that double etendre. :D I think we'll see a bright future for these guys. ;)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question