What do you think of the Yamaha DGX-520 ?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, and first of all thank you for your advices.

I don't know much in keyboards (at least not yet) but I want to buy one and try to learn how to play it.

I've seen the Yamaha DGX-520 model and it seems to have what I am looking for, which is something with 88 weighted notes, many different sounds, a sustain pedal and a pitch bend, speakers so I won't need an amplifier, and a keyboard that can be played without having to connect it through a computer (so not a midi controller).

I've seen some reviews on this model that sounded okay to me, but since there is many specifications that I don't know either what they really mean or if I actually need them.. I'm not absolutely sure if it's a good choice or not.

I can't afford something too expensive but I still want a good keyboard so that if I ever get good at it I won't need to change it in a few months. I've seen this one for 500 $, and I don't think I can afford anything more than maybe 700 or 800 $...

So if anyone can tell me their opinions on this keyboard, or if you have ideas or suggestions about another model or a better one, I would appreciate your help.

Thank you !!

Marie

Reaction score
Yamaha DGX-520 does NOT have weighted keys. (see for yourself)

If you're looking for weighted keys try the yamaha home piano series like
the P70 (although 32 notes polyphony won't be enough when using the sustain on longer arpeggios and passages) or try maybe even an entry
level clavinova like the CLP 220

Ask a Question