Xvive U2 wireless transmitter and receiver for keyboard.

Reaction score
I’ve been looking these as a possible wireless solution for a keyboard. I know they are designed for guitars, but a four pack is available comprising two transmitters and two receivers. They run on the 2.4 ghz band and there a four channels to choose from. The thing is, will they wok as a pair for a keyboard with the receivers panned left and right at the mixer? Has anyone any experience with these units? There are lots of reviews but nothing on keyboard use. Here is a reference: https://tonereport.com/reviews/xvive-u2-wireless-transmitter-and-receiver

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't work, although I also don't think you should need to do any panning. As long as one is plugged into the Left audio out and the other is plugged into the Right audio out, and as long as each one is paired to a specific receiver, they should be transmitting the stereo signal as intended.

EDIT -- Note that my comment about panning is based on the assumption that the receiver is getting a mono signal, and that one receiver will be plugged into a Left audio in and the other will be plugged into a Right audio in. If the mixer doesn't have separate L/R inputs then I guess I see what you mean. An alternative might be to get a dual TS to TRS adapter for merging the L/R receivers into a stereo signal for the mixer, and plug each receiver into the appropriate TS jack of the adapter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Michael. There is a money back guarantee if it doesn’t work. I’m trying to justify if I really need this at this stage.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Let us know how well it works, because at one point I was interested in trying it out with my keyboards. :)

Reaction score
I received a pair of these and all I can say is wow! They are amazing. I bought a 2 pack on special and set the channels differently then plugged them into my Roland BK-9 and then into my mixer. I had stereo and absolutely no intereference. The two units worked together faultlessly. The transmitter and receiver are identical in size and feature a rechargeable battery giving 5 hours of operation. You could recharge them during break time and extend the use time by turning them off during breaks between sets. Highly recommended, but I am returning them for the following reasons.
My keyboard is powered and so is my mixer. I always have my mixer within a metre of the keyboard so going wireless is pointless. I also use a keytar but that has its own built in wireless as well. The only situation that I can see as useful for a keyboardist is where the band plugs into a stage box and their sound is controlled out front by a sound tech.
So yes they work well with a keyboard, in stereo and without interference with each other. I didn’t test them whilst using a wireless mic or other wireless gear, but they should be fine. And if you only play in mono, then one unit would suffice. But my final conclusion was do I need these and the answer was no. So I sold one to my guitarist and am sending the other one back.

Ask a Question