YAMAHA PSR 1500

Reaction score
hi friends
please review Yamaha PSR 1500
and i want to know whether we can appear in the trinity electronic keyboard Exam from "2019-2022"
for grade 6-7 and 8 with this keyboard
please suggest
thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Do you mean the old PSR-1500 model from 2004, as you typed? ("Fifteen Hundred.")

Or did you perhaps mean the new PSR-I500 model? (Capital "I" for "Indian" and then "Five Hundred.")

Note that-- as far as I know-- the PSR-I models aren't sold in North America, so I have no way to try out the PSR-I500 and do a review of it.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm looking at that Syllabus that Biggles linked to. If by chance you did mean the PSR-I500 (Indian keyboard), I don't think it's suitable for Grade 6 and up, because Grade 6 and up has certain requirements which the PSR-I500 would not fulfill, such as the following:

- "a minimum of eight registrations" -- The PSR-I500 has only four Registration buttons, not eight.

- "pedal function (with different settings to include sustain, registration change, fill, rhythm start/stop)" -- The PSR-I500 can use a sustain pedal but not a foot controller pedal for doing registration changes and auto accompaniment functions.

- "LFO/modulation function" -- The PSR-I500 doesn't have a modulation wheel.

- "chord settings including fingered chords, fingered on bass and full keyboard chords" -- The PSR-I500 uses a "smart fingering" method that can recognize certain "easy fingering" chords and full-fingered chords, but doesn't have a way to select a specific type of fingering and can't recognize "fingered on bass" chords.

But it looks like the PSR-I500 would be adequate for up through Grade 5.

Ask a Question