How tough are keyboards?

Reaction score
Hi, i'm just curious as to how tough keyboards are. I bought my nephew a yamaha psr e303 and he's kinda young, so he's not that careful with it. I've seen it fall from a chair or getting knocked around a bit. I'm wondering if the software might get messed up and start getting notes mixed up for each key or stuff like that, or if it's the kind of thing that either works or doesn't.
Thanks!

Reaction score
There is no real pattern when keyboards start to break down. Some just stop working, other act funny. It depends too much on which part gets damaged and how.

It is a fairly light keyboard, so I'm pretty sure it can handle a few knocks if it doesn't fall more than around stand height, but chances are things like keys/speakers/ports/buttons/generally the bigger hardware parts would be more prone to break than the electronic hardware inside.

Falling of chairs and getting knocked around should only leave bad scratches, unless you are trying to break it that way. The old casio I have has been throught many kinds of hell and still works fine.

But, it's best to take care as much as possible.

Ask a Question