Keyboard Rig Pics

Reaction score
And the front
IMG_2251.JPG

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I'd be happy if I were sponsored by any manufacturer willing to sell me gear at a discount or even supply it free of charge :D

I'm willing to bet foldin' money that Jordan Rudess hasn't paid cash for a stick of gear for the last decade and a half :p

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have ZERO $ale$ resistance at this time of year and my studio is growing like a tumor. :D

See if you can spot what's new?

The Winner gets FREE Electrons For Life!!! ***

(Offer void where prohibited. Electrons may come with a delivery charge. Please compute responsibly...)

mystudio_20170113_T155702_7.jpg

mystudio_20170113_T155714_8.jpg

mystudio_20170113_T155730_9.jpg

mystudio_20170113_T155756_10.jpg

mystudio_20170113_T155813_11.jpg

mystudio_20170113_T155927_12.jpg

If puns are outlawed only outlaws will have puns!!! Stop me before I pun again!!!

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Close! But no SEEGAR for you!!!

The new Yamaha MG16XU Mixer is so bloody huge I had to move everything over 6 inches which unfortunately left no room for the computer chair and I had to pull the bar stool out of the solarium to service me in the studio.

Also new: Korg Minilogue, Roland Juno DS61.

Trusty Korg X50 retired to the living room for on the fly practice and inspiration :D

I'm sorry Ray but you must continue to suffer and pay for your electrons like everyone else. :p

Contest is now officially CLOSED!

Gary ;)

Reaction score
This is the latest version of my Pink Floyd band live rig:

tumblr_okcy9nLHwc1ual3guo1_540.jpg

On the right of picture is a Korg Krome 61 (top) and Korg SV-1 88 (bottom)

You can see me touching an iPad on which I use an app called Sample Lab to trigger samples (planes, dogs, sheep, cash registers, etc.)

Hard to see in this picture but there's another tablet sitting next to the iPad that I store my charts on.

In front of me at the middle of the screen is a King Korg. Sitting above the KK is a laptop - this is not part of the "musical" element of the rig, I use it to trigger videos on our circular screen. The white sheet of paper you can see next to the laptop tells me when to press the button to trigger the videos.

It all runs through an Alesis Multimix 8 Line (not visible in this photo, sits underneath the KK), but its days are numbered and will be replaced by something a bit nicer in the first half of this year. Sitting on the floor, also invisible in this pic, is a JBL EON 515XT which I use for monitoring.

I also play in a couple of rock covers bands - the setup for those is just the SV1 and the Krome, with a small Behringer Xenyx as my mixer.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice rig Paul.

If you're looking to replace the Alesis Mixer the Yamaha MG16XU is a lovely beast with infinite routing and EQ possibilities.

They also make a 12 channel version for less demanding applications for considerably less money. The MG12XU I think.

I upgraded to the MG16XU from my Behringer because the Behringer was beginning to die and develop a few bad channels. I also sprang for the 4 year extended warranty cause I learned my lesson and I don't wanna know what the repairs look like on a 16 channel mixer :p

Anyway, today I updated my studio flowcharts for anyone out there wondering how to manage a snake's nest of cables.

Gary ;)

MIDI Routing

flowchart_MIDI_USB_routing.jpg

Audio Routing

studio-flowchart.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice rig Paul.

If you're looking to replace the Alesis Mixer the Yamaha MG16XU is a lovely beast with infinite routing and EQ possibilities.

They also make a 12 channel version for less demanding applications for considerably less money. The MG12XU I think.
Cheers mate.

Like your diagram too - great setup you've got there.

I am close to pulling the trigger on an Ashly line mixer but I'll give your suggestion consideration too. Thanks for the recommendation.

I want to rack mount my new mixer, and rack mount my old mixer under it as a redundancy. My current setup is a bit fragile for the road and we're touring extensively this year - so I've decided to put my mixers in a road-ready rack, which will give me flexibility to add other rack mountable keyboard and/or effects modules down the track too.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dunno if rack mounting is a deal breaker or not, but the Yamaha mixer shipped with a set of rack ears included. :)

And check out the specs on the Yamaha mixers. The SNR ratios are out of this world :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, I also sold off my Mackie 12" 160 Watt Subwoofer cause I was afraid it would trigger noise complaints from my neighbours and replaced it with a no name Monoprice 60 Watt 8" active subwoofer for less than half the price I got for the Mackie.

End result is it still sounds pretty good without having to resort to window rattling volumes.

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Hey, Cowboy, what does the red band and the round symbol that it contain mean? Just curious.

It's a neo-fascist symbol used on Pink Floyd's album The Wall. If you haven't seen it, check out the movie they made of it. (No, they are NOT advocating for neo-fascism.)

Reaction score
It's a neo-fascist symbol used on Pink Floyd's album The Wall. If you haven't seen it, check out the movie they made of it. (No, they are NOT advocating for neo-fascism.)
Thanks Fred - well described.

I get asked that question a lot after shows. At our most recent show I pretty much explained it the way you have above, and the guy goes "so you guys are neo-Nazis?" Uhh...no.

Ask a Question