Keyboard Rig Pics

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
A local group of musicians recreated The Wall concert at a local theater. My main complaint was that much of the band (including the keyboard player) was hidden behind the ever growing wall. But the concert was good, and while there were differences between the actual concert from 1977 - yes, I saw it at the Long Island Coliseum - they still did a nice job. The couldn't get huge puppets and planes crashing on the stage, but they had dancers from a local school that my daughter has taught at. (There's a very bad video of the original concert on YouTube. Technology from the '70s really couldn't result in a good bootleg video. But you might want to search it out.)

The crossed hammers were everywhere at the local show.

They also didn't even try to teach the audience the marching choreography from the movie.

I'm not sure I'd describe it as a metaphorical symbol of Pink power. The plot of the album has the lead singer going crazy, and in his head creating a neo-fascist movement with massive racist, heteronormative, and (to a lessor extent) sexist components. The symbol for the movement was the crossed hammers, but it wasn't something to emulate. I can't help it if the audience now completely separates the symbol from the original meaning.

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my set up.
20151122_220952.jpg
20151122_221110.jpg

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm envious. I've played many of them, but the only one I ever owned was the Fender Rhodes 88. (At least I think that's one on the second picture.)

Yes, it is a Rhodes, but mine is a 73, which is good because I need the space!! Love the sound of them.

Reaction score
Sweet setup. Agree with the commentary above on the coolness of lava lamps.

The lead guitarist in one of our bands is fond of putting little knick-knacks on his guitar amp. He's been known to put a lava lamp on his Marshall stack occasionally.

Reaction score
Sweet setup. Agree with the commentary above on the coolness of lava lamps.

The lead guitarist in one of our bands is fond of putting little knick-knacks on his guitar amp. He's been known to put a lava lamp on his Marshall stack occasionally.

Thanks. Yeah, lava lamps and music are inextricably linked in a way that makes no sense but works!

Reaction score
I don't know if a thread like this already exists but i think it would be cool to start a thread with pictures of cook keyboard rigs.

I cant seem to find a picture of my current rig but to get something started ill post a picture of my rig from a few years back actually this is just a picture before an outreach event at baldwin wallace college.

This sunday ill get a picture of my striped down rig but hopefully in the next few weeks ill get a full rig pic up!
Thanks.

Ask a Question