Keyboard Rig Pics

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I sold off my minilogue this weekend and ordered a Behringer Deepmind 6 as an upgrade replacement. The little brother to the Deepmind 12. Functionally identical to the 12 except half as many voices.

It should be arriving this Tuesday....

Pics to come .... :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
If I recall? You only just bought the minilogue recently? Maybe a year ago?
So why did you sell it?
Good luck with your new baby.
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I did buy it a year ago.

The Deepmind is an upgrade.

1024 sounds as opposed to 200 on the Minilogue.

37 Full sized, aftertouch enabled keys as opposed to 37 mini keys no aftertouch.

As it is I still managed to get top dollar for the Korg.

If I waited another year I might noot have been so fortunate.

Plus you know I have a wicked case of GAS :D

Also the 6 didn't exist when I bought the Minilogue. It's far more affordable than the 12. As it is, the Minilogue paid more than half the price of the Deepmind with the resale.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Deepmind arrived today. It's a solid little piece of beauty with over a thousand other worldly patches. I'm in love at first sound :D :D :D

deepmind-6.jpg

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Paul,

I spent yesterday setting up and doing some configuration. Today I'm going to dive a bit deeper into the beast and see what it's capable of. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
This is just a some of my gear. In my living room I have an old Hammond M3 with a not working Korg Polysix on top. In a case I have my very old Minikorg. In this picture I have my Korg Wavestation Ex o top, then my King Krog and on the bottom my Korg Kronos 73 key. You can also see my Fender Stratocaster and my Ibanez 5 string bass. Plus a bunch f f beer cases.

upload_2017-11-18_17-9-31.jpeg

Reaction score
I don't know if a thread like this already exists but i think it would be cool to start a thread with pictures of cook keyboard rigs.

I cant seem to find a picture of my current rig but to get something started ill post a picture of my rig from a few years back actually this is just a picture before an outreach event at baldwin wallace college.

This sunday ill get a picture of my striped down rig but hopefully in the next few weeks ill get a full rig pic up!
I do like those stands myself but dare l tell the wife l need a new keyboard to sit on it MMMMM not sure lol

Reaction score
A pair of oldies in my living room. My Korg Polysix that needs serious work in a repair shop and my Hammond M3 which does work. I'm moving in a month so they will soon find new homes in my new home! Don't tell my wife but I'm secretly planning on hooking them up to the stereo. Shhhhh! The Hammond is going to run through probably a Ventilator pedal first though. I have a small mixer that I'm not using so it'll be perfect and I can do those cool living room jams with real keyboards that we've always dreamed about doing.
IMG_0596.JPG

Reaction score
This is just a some of my gear. In my living room I have an old Hammond M3 with a not working Korg Polysix on top. In a case I have my very old Minikorg. In this picture I have my Korg Wavestation Ex o top, then my King Krog and on the bottom my Korg Kronos 73 key. You can also see my Fender Stratocaster and my Ibanez 5 string bass. Plus a bunch f f beer cases.

View attachment 948
you need a few pair of hands to play all those lol well done

Reaction score
The latest and hopefully the last incarnation of my home studio.

View attachment 959 View attachment 960 View attachment 961 View attachment 962 View attachment 963 View attachment 964 View attachment 965 View attachment 966 View attachment 967 View attachment 968

Chances are though, that I'll blow more on dental work next year than I spent on the whole collection. :p

Getting old sucks. :eek:

Gary ;)
you deff got a lot of dusting to do there lol well done
regards
allan

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Very nice Hodor. Very ergonomic looking. Seems to be lacking any analog options though.

What are the makes and models of the keyboards?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Very nice Hodor. Very ergonomic looking. Seems to be lacking any analog options though.

What are the makes and models of the keyboards?

Gary ;)
My original and restored Yamaha KX88, Alesis QS8, Alesis QS6, two Edirol PCR-800's, Korg microKey 61, Korg microKey Air 61, two iRig Keys. The Alesis boards are primarily controllers but I occasionally use the internal sounds.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Some nice vintage stuff in that collection. So you perform with a mix of VST and ROMpler sounds?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Some nice vintage stuff in that collection. So you perform with a mix of VST and ROMpler sounds?

Gary ;)
Live, I'm just Mainstage + assorted 3rd party AU's. I've used MS since the day it was released. I used to bring the Alesis as my 88 controller, so I would have backup if the rig went down (it never did). I don't really play out anymore so I can safely go controllers only, and love love love playing the KX88 again. Truthfully, I now spend the majority of time working on piano pieces but enjoy having everything within reach. It inspires me and makes me feel badass. ;-)

Ask a Question