Keyboard Rig Pics

Reaction score
Nice looking set-up, Gary! I'm in the process of rewiring my monitors in my studio.
I recently picked up a pair of the Kali Audio LP-6s. I also bought Mackie Big Knob. Because every man should have a ......
;)
This will allow me to easily switch from one set of monitors to the other so I can do comparisons for my mixes instead of having to run to the car or my living room stereo.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments Jeremy.

It sounds like a clever arrangement that you're hooking up to allow you to audition your mixes on different systems.

Try booting up Microsoft Paint and see if you can post a flowchart of your setup some time.

I think a good flowchart is more helpful to a newbie than a hundred cell phone pics. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
A quick pic of my modest setup, at my house.

My desk is behind the Spider Pro, with the iMac in the background (moved the keyboards yesterday since I really didn't have enough space behind the desk), so will be using my Macbook Pro instead. Will be ordering a laptop holder for the Spider Pro and lower the PA1000 a bit to accommodate my MB Pro.
It looks minimalistic, but that's the way I like it, clean and simple.

No picture yet of the appartment, with the Kross 2 88, but it's coming ;)
By the way, had to return that X-stand I bought for the Kross 2, it's not stable (Quiklok, I was being a cheapskate...). Will be ordering a K&M Omega stand, will give me the possibility to add a second tier, plus more importantly, an iPad holder.
Any suggestions on a second tier for a Kross 2 88 ? :p
Only joking... Still, keeping my eye out :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pleased that you are sorted at last. A great combo and I hope the keybed is to your liking, As I posted previously I find the 700 and 1000 very similar, but that is me since they sure do not feel like semi weighted to me.

Next week Korg UK staffers Adam and Luke will be hosting the PA Webinar on Sampling and loading new Sounds, access via the Korg Uk’s own PA Magazine site.

Reaction score
Pleased that you are sorted at last. A great combo and I hope the keybed is to your liking, As I posted previously I find the 700 and 1000 very similar, but that is me since they sure do not feel like semi weighted to me.

Next week Korg UK staffers Adam and Luke will be hosting the PA Webinar on Sampling and loading new Sounds, access via the Korg Uk’s own PA Magazine site.

I like the keybed on the PA1000. It is semi-weighted, a lot lighter to the touch than the NH action on the Kross 2 88 or Krome EX 88, but still a lot better than the Kross 2 61 and Yamaha MX61. There's more 'resistance' which I like. And I like the board overall.
Built-in speakers didn't seem all that great at first, until I discovered it is set for MIC input by default. A quick modification in the settings to 'Line' changed all that. All good now ;)

Will keep my eye out for that magazine !

Reaction score
Delve into the Global menu and adjust the Eq and also set the Limiter especially for Bass and you will like the results.

There are a range of included presets for the Eq but these are neutral in tone.

I will post an image of my settings which will give you the basis to customise to suit yourself

Reaction score
A quick pic of my modest setup, at my house.

View attachment 1516
My desk is behind the Spider Pro, with the iMac in the background (moved the keyboards yesterday since I really didn't have enough space behind the desk), so will be using my Macbook Pro instead. Will be ordering a laptop holder for the Spider Pro and lower the PA1000 a bit to accommodate my MB Pro.
It looks minimalistic, but that's the way I like it, clean and simple.

No picture yet of the appartment, with the Kross 2 88, but it's coming ;)
By the way, had to return that X-stand I bought for the Kross 2, it's not stable (Quiklok, I was being a cheapskate...). Will be ordering a K&M Omega stand, will give me the possibility to add a second tier, plus more importantly, an iPad holder.
Any suggestions on a second tier for a Kross 2 88 ? :p
Only joking... Still, keeping my eye out :D

How comfortable are drum stools when you're playing for a long time? I read an interview with Jamie Cullum and he said he prefers them to a typical piano one.

The studs/buttons on mine aren't too comfortable if I sit in slightly the wrong position, so was thinking a drum stool might be the solution! :p

Reaction score
Mine is the K&M 14061 pneumatic stool:

It's really comfortable, I can't find anyting wrong with it, really.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well, I've put my Blofeld, my Ultranova and my Korg Kaossilator Pro+ up for sale to raise some cash for a new purchase.

I've already pulled the trigger on a preorder of an ASM Hydrasynth.

Supposedly it will start shipping in November so that gives me two months to sell off my old gear.

This thing looks like an amazing beast in the videos and hopefully I'll have one of the first ones in Canada. I also managed to take advantage of a 10% promotional discount from the dealer which definitely doesn't hurt :D :D :D

Pics coming soon :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A couple of new additions to my studio today...

Neither one was too spendy and they're loads of fun.

I've sold off my Blofeld and my Kaossilator Pro+ and I'm still looking for a buyer for my Ultranova.

In the meantime I've been informed that my backorder of the ASM Hydrasynth has been pushed back to December.

I'll post updated pics and flowcharts once it all comes together.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
He has a serious problem, a PRS guitar OMG those are seriously uncomfortable to play, necks are wierd and balance off.

I have played all makes and types but still a Gibson LP and almost all Ibanez feel just right whereas a Gibson SG feels odd.

Its like keyboards you just know when you have found an instrument that you feel comfortable with.

You just cannot beat getting hands on in a music shop, which reminds me I now have a longing to upgrade my Korg PA. One of these would sound and look good on my rack.

Last edited:

Ask a Question