Keyboard Rig Pics

Reaction score
Virtual Tonewheel. Personally I wouldnt see the point of a controller and modle just for one type of sound - ie organ. Just get a light virtual organ.

If you would use the controller for other things - maybe for several modules then yeh - but just for organs?
Ah right. I don’t use virtual instruments I’m strictly a hardware guy.

I play a mountain of organ sounds and I’m looking for a bit more versatility in that regard.

I could get a dedicated clone wheel but not really keen to spend that amount of money. I’d rather just rehabilitate an old ‘board.

Haven’t really decided the path yet, things may well stay as they are.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Added a Behringer neutron to the living room rig yesterday :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well the knob twiddling doesn't record in a MIDI sequence so I'll have to learn a new workflow in order to achieve all the weird timbres on the final audio recording and mixdown. My ancient version of Cakewalk doesn't record audio tracks, only MIDI.

But I honestly recommend a Neutron to anyone who really wants to try old school analog funkiness. :)

It's cheap and it sounds amazing :oops:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the DAW Reaper is free and it does record audio.
It's worth checking out anyway.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've worked with Reaper under Linux before. I hate the interface.

If I have to I can always run Ardour or Audacity to record multitrack.

Somehow though, I always find myself going back to my trusty old version of cakewalk.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Church rig yesterday. As worship leader (rotating), I had the bad luck of picking songs that were drum/bass heavy, and then our two drummers and two bass players being gone. So the single Motif (belongs to the church) ran bass and drum tracks, while I had my two-keyboard stack (my normal setup) and the church baby Grand. We also had a saxophonist, another keyboardist, and four singers including the other keyboardist and myself.

One and a half hours to get this set up on Wednesday. Had to move the piano and church keyboard, set up my keyboards, and set up monitoring, wiring, ergonomics, and music.

So worship leader + short on musicians = this :D:

IMG-1149.jpg

IMG-1143.jpg

(Happyrat's favorite style of picture...)
IMG-1148.jpg

Edit: Changed last pic to smaller version; original didn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice layout.
Second pic shows a cup of coffee (top of pic). That makes all the difference. lol Ray.

:D That belonged to our saxophonist. I don't have liquids around keyboards if I can help it. :cool: Picture's taken from above, in reality that piano bench with the cup is a ways away and lower down than the setup.

Reaction score
New Organ day today.

Completes my rig - at least for now. I say "for now" as I know Roland have something big up their sleeve this summer. Not sure exactly, but think its a Kronos/Montage/Stage 3 tier workstation and if so it might replace the FA as my top board, but for now:

Attachments

• P1030709.JPG
    P1030709.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 352
  • P1030710.JPG
    P1030710.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 384
  • P1030711.JPG
    P1030711.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 363

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My kit is worth about 50 cents on the dollar on Kijiji.ca :p :p :p

P.S. The funniest bit in the video is where he talks about selling the empty boxes on Ebay :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question