Keyboard Tuition Book

Reaction score
Hello All
I have just joined the forum and i am looking to start and learn Keyboard.
I have been playing guitar for 60 years but i reckon i need a new challenge and
this is what I have decided on.

I don't read music I play by ear and I can do the same on Keys but to a very limited degree.
I am looking for a Book/CD/DVD to get me started and some recommendations would
be much appreciated.
I have looked on Amazon but I wouldn't know which one to choose there are so many.

I am in the UK
Thanks
Alan

Reaction score
Alan

The books intended for learning do tend to be play the melody line right handed and chords with the left and do teach reading music as part of the process.

Perhaps if you advise what type of keyboard you have or are intending to buy together with what you want to learn to play then we can advise further.

I will take a punt that as you play by ear then perhaps an online training by video series would be more appropriate for you, if this is the case checkout piano genius dot com.

Reaction score
Hello Biggles
Ok I do have an M-Audio Radium 61 which has been sat on top of the wardrobe for a long time.I got it out today only to find it's Midi only and there are no drivers available for it for Win10.
I am looking at USB Controller Keyboards but nothing in particular yet.

The nicest ones seem to be from M-Audio although i always said I wouldn't have another of theirs.
Many thanks for the link which i will look at now.

Reaction score
If you have an iPad (or iPhone) then you could connect up your M Audio via USB to an Apple Camera Adaptor and then use any of the hundreds of Apps that are available.

Reaction score
Been on to M-Audio and there are no drivers available for Windows 10 for my Radium 61.
I have decided to get a new controller keyboard and i have chosen this one.
M-Audio Oxygen 61 (MK IV)

Ask a Question