Need help with reading notes

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here

I recently bought yamaha psr e333 and started learning how to play. I'm currently learning this song:

I've learned a bit on how to read notes, but for 3 days I am trying to figure out how to play 26-28 second of this video with no progress.

Here are the notes for the part I can't play:
nuty.png

Could you please tell me if I press correct keys? When I try to play, it seems like it's all wrong. I wrote them above notes.
Also could you explain me what does these two sharps mean?

Reaction score
Hej xaceer,

the two sharps mean that the piece is written in D-major. At the place where you see the two sharps could also be written in other pieces three flates, four sharps or just none of them. If there is written no sharp an no flat than you are playing in c-major.

There is a so called circle of fifths or quints where you can see in which scale you are playing:

http://cnx.org/content/m10865/latest/

Back to your question:

D-major means to play the following notes:

D E F# G A B C# D

The notes you have written in red are totally correct and as far I could see it in the video you are playing correct and to me it sounds correct.

Keep on running, don't give up, you have potential.

Reaction score
Do you have a teacher? That material would be a bit advanced for most students with less than a year of two of study and practice. Don

Reaction score
Do you have a teacher? That material would be a bit advanced for most students with less than a year of two of study and practice. Don

RE: Treble cleff, (right hand) - there is not a note called "H". Those are all "B".

Hej Don,

I can't see, where xazeer lives, so I think in one of the countries here, where they wright 'H' instead of 'B'.

In parts of Europe, including Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Norway and Finland, the natural symbol transformed into the letter H (possibly for hart, German for hard): in German music notation, H is B (B-natural) and B is B (B-flat). Occasionally, music written in German for international use will use H for B-natural and Bb for B-flat (with a modern-script lowercase b instead of a flat sign). Since a Bes or B in Northern Europe (i.e. a B elsewhere) is both rare and unorthodox (more likely to be expressed as Heses), it is generally clear what this notation means.

Reaction score
Ahh, duly noted and my post amended. I still think "hands on" assistance would be the best. The way the score is written, the left/right hands alternate in counts 3 and 4 the phrase. Don

Ask a Question