NEW PIANO

Reaction score
Back in December I got a bright idea to purchase and learn to play piano. I wasn't equipped to pay outlandish prices for an instrument. I looked far and wide and played many, many yamaha demos on the PSR E233. I finally decided on the E233 and ordered it. When I got it and tried the preset songs it sounded fantastic. I didn't know diddly about pianos. I could plink out songs by ear but nothing worth a stage performance.
After a while the 233 got boring so back I was on you tube looking at the next level. I figured I could afford the E423 and played the demo-s. I ordered that and it still hasn't lost its pizzazz after a month.
I practice every day on any song I can find. I ordered four EZ PLAY music books. I found this to be very helpful as each note says what it is on the measure lines and spaces [not numbers like some people say is gold]
Above each measure is a chord letter like a C or F or Dm or Dm7. With the Yamaha I can set a style, START the background and hit a three key chord and see what it is on the LED screen.
Now, what I did is buy some colored round circles, adhesive backed, played a chord and marked which keys correspond to that chord on each key, by color and I wrote what the chord is on each circle. I did this for a whole chord set on one octave. So I got, the root chord of C, F, G, Cm, Cm7, D, Dm and Dm7 etc.
Now when I see the C chord I just look for the three keys that are the root chord and play these. Next chord that comes up is an F, so I find all keys within the F chord and play these, next the Dm chord and so on.
What I am looking for now is setting up the yamaha to automatically play each chord for the whole song - C to F, back to C, then Dm and back to C and F etc. Now when I got a style playing and auto accom keyed in, when I hit a melody key, the chords sound and start playing in progression with the melody all the way to the end, then either stop or start over.

Ask a Question